chapter 20

Lydia didn't keep track of how much time passed since Stiles left. The only thing she knew was that he left and he was never going to come back. People in the castle would ask her where the Prince went, and she would lie and say that he had to go to Great Britain with his father for business and it is unknown when Stiles would be back. But, the truth would have to be revealed at some point and Lydia didn't know if she was even ready to admit the truth. It was hard for her to accept the fact that Stiles was gone. Her chances of the throne were lost and now her country was in even more danger since Stiles could easily provide Malia and The Queen of France with any information about America that they need.

All Lydia could do was hope and pray that the army was getting better because she knew war was going to break out. It was just a matter of time until war broke out, and everyone needed to be ready for it. She still had the alliance with Korea, but Great Britain and France were more powerful together than America and Korea could ever hope to be.

"Okay, Lydia." Allison yells, marching into her best friends room and throwing Lydia's blankets onto the floor. "You have been laying in bed for literally twenty four hours. You weren't even this bad when Stiles left. Why are you suddenly being so sad?"

"Give me back my blankets." Lydia said and put one of her pillows over the other side of her head. Allison may have had a point, but all Lydia wanted to do was lay in bed and forget about the world. She wanted to forget about everything.

Allison grabbed one of Lydia's pillows and hit her with it three times. "When Stiles left, you actually managed to talk to people and act like everything was okay. He left three weeks ago!"

"Don't remind me." Lydia groaned and threw a pillow at Allison.

"Ah, I know what this is about."

"Do you now?" Lydia questioned.

"Yes I do." Allison nodded and sat on the edge of Lydia's bed, "I finally get why for the past three weeks you weren't being all sad and crying, it's because you refused to accept that he was gone. You didn't want to accept it, so you pretended that the lie you've been telling about him going to Great Britain was actually real. You convinced yourself that he really was in Great Britain since you didn't want to face reality. But now you finally accepted that he is gone so all the feelings you kept inside are all just being let out."

"I should give you an award for that genius theory." Lydia simply replied, and Allison rolled her eyes.

"So I'm wrong?"

Lydia sat up, "You aren't wrong."

"Ha! I knew it."

"Okay, you're the one who always told me that he was going to come back to me. What happened to your optimistic attitude?"

"What happened to it?" Allison laughed, "What happened was that Stiles snuck out of the castle, leaving his wedding ring here, and traveled to France. Lydia, whatever feelings you have left for him needs to be pushed away. He is the enemy now and he will be the cause for the destruction of our country. You can't let your emotions take over priorities." 

"I don't know if you realized but I lost the crown." Lydia said and held up Stiles wedding ring, which was on Lydia's dresser. "You see that? That was Stiles wedding ring. It was also a symbol of him and I becoming King and Queen. But I don't have anyone to marry and no one is even smart enough to know how to be a King. My father is the only one who can make the decisions."

"Okay, fine. Fair enough." Allison said and picked up Stiles wedding ring. Allison examined it for a few moments before she grabbed Lydia's wedding ring.

"Allison, what in the world are you doing? Are you gonna plan to use my old wedding rings to use to marry Isaac?" Lydia asked and she walked into her closet to change.

"You're hilarious." Allison said in a flat tone. 

Lydia walked out of her closet and stood next to Allison, "Look, I'm out of bed and dressed. Are you happy?"

Allison didn't reply. She threw the two wedding rings onto the ground then stepped on them with all her power. Stiles wedding rings broke a little, but Lydia's didn't and still looked as good as new.

"What was that for? Was that suppose to be a symbolic gesture? Because I really don't understand what you're doing." Lydia said.

"Stiles wedding ring, is it made with the same material as yours?" Allison asked.

"I don't know, do I look like a wedding ring expert?" Lydia replied.

Allison picked up the two rings, "Stiles ring seems to be made of different material. Two different kinds of rings that were made for two different kinds of people."

Lydia sighed, "Your point?"

"You and Stiles are two different people that have two different ways of working. These wedding rings were a symbol of two different people, that have a chance to maybe become something greater. But sometimes, it doesn't work out. Sometimes life happens. You and Stiles are like wedding rings. Two very different things that each have their own breaking point. Look at Stiles wedding ring, it didn't take long to break him. Now, look at yours. It's still beautiful and strong. Just like you." Allison put the wedding rings in Lydia's hands.

"That was very sweet of you." Lydia thanked and put the wedding rings into a drawer in her dresser. "But-"

"Lydia." Allison interrupted, "You're a diamond. Nothing can break you."

-------------

Okay I really love Allison and Lydia's friendship. I love writing parts when they interact.

So this chapter was sort of a filler chapter and at first I wasn't sure how much I liked it, but I actually really like how it turned out. But since this is a filler chapter, would you guys like another update tonight? I'm debating whether to write another chapter and upload it tonight. What do you guys think?

I also have a new fanfiction! It's called 'Heroes and Villains' and if you want to see the Teen Wolf gang be superheroes, than you should totally read it. It'll take a few chapters to have it start getting really interesting, but I promise that it's going to be good.

Anyway, thank you guys so much for reading!