chapter 27

Lydia woke up to the sound of screams and panic. Was the castle under attack again? She rushed to change clothes and pushed past the people who were freaking out so she could get to the political meeting room. Stiles and her father sat there talking to each other and seemed to be stressed. "What's going on?" Lydia asked.

"Part of the French and Italian army have attacked our country. Isaac's army is setting out to fight the battle and I'm going with my men to help fight the battle too.  They're advancing closer to the castle every second. Jackson left this morning to go help fight a battle in Australia with the British army." Stiles informed, "I'm having Derek and some of his men stay here in case the castle gets invaded."

"You're leaving to fight a battle? You can't do that, it's too dangerous!" Lydia exclaimed.

"What's dangerous is having our enemy in our country. We need to drive them out so that's what I'll be doing." Stiles said, "Isaac and I leave soon so I need to get ready."

Stiles walked out of the room and Lydia turned to look at  her father and he shrugged, "I don't know why you're looking at me, I don't have any control over this. You're the Queen and Stiles is the King. I'm just the poor, old father."

"We can't let him go out and fight! It's practically suicide!"

Lydia's father sighed, "King's have to go out into battle sometimes. When Stiles became King, he swore an oath to protect the people and that is what he's going to do. While he's outside the castle protecting the people, you need to be inside the castle and ensure everyone's safety. As of right now we are under attack and that calls for lock down."

"You are so much better at this than I am." Lydia replied, "Guards! The castle is officially in lockdown. Make sure everyone is safe and secure in their room. Lower the gates. No one comes in or out unless it's the King and Isaac's men going into battle and coming back."

"Yes your Majesty." The guards nodded and Lydia walked out of the political meeting room and into her room.

"I put the castle under lock down." She told Stiles as he changed into his armor. 

"That's a good call. We don't want to risk the chance of getting attacked."

"I still don't like the idea of you doing this. Tell me, do you have a death wish?"

"No, but I have a wish to protect the country, the people, and you. I'm ordering men to be stationed outside of the doors and Derek is going to be keeping a close eye on what goes on. If you hear anything suspicious then do not leave the room. It wouldn't surprise me if someone tried to invade our castle." Stiles said, "I need to leave now. I'll be back soon, okay? I love you."

Lydia hugged Stiles and nodded, "I love you too and I'll see you soon." Stiles kissed his wife before walking out of the room. Lydia didn't know how long the castle was going to be in lockdown or how long the battle would last, but she knew that the following days to come would be the longest ones of her life.

~-~-

"Protect the Queen! Don't let them find the Queen!" A voice of one the guards said that drew Lydia's attention. She got up from her bed and looked outside the window. The castle was being attacked, but it wasn't being attacked by an army. It was being attacked by men who had their own little army. Lydia watched the men try to climb over the walls of the gates that wold grant them access into the castle. She saw Allison standing and shooting arrows at the men on the ground or the men trying to climb up the walls.

Lydia's room door opened and she turned around, seeing Derek. "What are you doing?" She asked.

"We need to get you out of the castle before any of the French men come in. They're dead set on trying to find you. You'll go through the tunnels are there will be a carriage waiting for you in the woods that will send you to the Argent's estate." Derek explained as they made their way through the halls and he lined his fingers against a wall before opening the secret door. 

"No, I can't leave. Can't I just wait in the tunnels?"

"There is no way I am risking that." Derek said, "Now go and be quick."

"There's the Queen!" A man yelled and Lydia turned around, seeing a group of men at the end of the hallway.

"Go, now!" Derek yelled and drew his sword. Lydia watched and his Derek and his men fought against the French men. Lydia walked into the tunnels and closed the door. She quickly walked down the hallway but stopped as she heard the voice of a French man.

"I know you're down here, Queen."

Lydia took off her shoes. If she ran than the man could hear her because of her shoes. She continued walking as quietly as she could. "You can't hide from us forever! This place isn't very big, I'm bound to find you at some point.

She began running. The tunnels were bound to end soon and she would reach the carriage waiting for her. She reached the end of the tunnel and breathed a sigh of relief as she saw the carriage. Lydia began walking towards it but stopped as she saw one of the American guards fall to the ground.

"Hey Queen, how you doing?"

Lydia turned around and gasped as she came face to face with one of the French men attacking the castle. He punched her in the face then put a bag over her head before everything went black.

-------------

The Monarchs has over 5k reads!!! I never expected this story to be so popular so thank yo guys so much! I'm really glad that so many people have enjoyed this story.

So, do you guys like it when I upload randomly or would you like if I had a schedule? Like uploading every Mondays and Fridays or just continue doing random ones just whenever?

 Thank you all for reading!