chapter 23

"You're late." Lydia's father said as Lydia walked into the political meeting room and sat next to Stiles. She raised her eyebrow.

"And you're grumpy." Lydia replied then looked at Stiles, "So this is where you ran off to this morning."

"I also had to meet with Isaac, Jackson, and Derek." Stiles defended.

"Anyway!" Lydia smiled, "Why are we having a meeting? I thought that all has been well."

"I've come to a decision-"

"Oh good for you father, you know how to make up your mind!" Lydia said in a cheery tone and her father glared at her.

"A decision that today will be the beheading day for Queen Isabella and Princess Malia." The King finished.

"Well it's about time. They've only been sitting in a cell for over two weeks." Lydia felt satisfied. "When-"

"Wait." Stiles interrupted, "Wouldn't us killing them be considered treason also?"

The King laughed, "No, because they threatened us first and it is our job to carry out the rules. They lit the flame that started this fire."

"Beautiful metaphor!" Lydia exclaimed, "Let's get going with the beheading!"

"You're awfully eager to kill people." Her father observed and Lydia rolled her eyes.

"You would be too if the people invaded your castle, brought upon the plague, tried to steal your husband, threatened to kill you, then actually came up with a plan to kill you."

"Good point."

"How does this even carry out?" Stiles questioned, "Do they get beheaded in their cells or do people actually come to watch?"

"People usually come to watch in situations like this. Some people are satisfied seeing their enemies fall." 

"My goodness," Lydia said, "It's going to be like a roman carnival today."

"Everyone is going to be summoned to the throne room so I can tell the people of the castle. Knowing how much gossip spreads quickly around the castle, plenty will find out about the event."

"Lovely. There'll be an audience." Lydia replied with sarcasm.

Stiles nodded, "Talk about getting killed in style."

"You two may leave now." The King dismissed them. 

"Do you think we're doing more bad than good?" Lydia asked Stiles as they walked along the halls of the castle.

"They're our enemies and they threatened America and the American crown. Isabella and Malia brought this upon themselves." Stiles shrugged, "Besides, I thought you wanted to see them gone."

"As soon as the Queen and Princess die, someone new takes over the French throne and will want revenge. The French people already want revenge. I think we started a war."

"Nonsense." Stiles shook his head, "There was always bound to be a war between America and France.  The war started the minute my mother betrayed us to work with France.... or when France brought the plague to us... or when France invaded our castle... or-"

"Okay, I get it." Lydia interrupted, "France has done much worse to us then we to them."

"We will be fine, Lydia. We always are." Stiles said and turned to walk away. Lydia watched as he greeted Isaac and began walking with him. Stiles may not know what is coming, but Lydia knew and she knew all too well. War is approaching their doorstep and no one is prepared. The minute the Queen and Princess are beheaded is the minute war will be declared.

-------------

"Oh, Princess." Malia smiled as Lydia walked in her cell. "Have you come to say goodbye before I die?"

Lydia laughed, "Not quite."

"Then why are you here?"

"I came to talk to you." Lydia shrugged, "An awful lot is going to happen the next few months."

"Yes, like my people declaring war on your country. You know how this plays out."

"I know all too well."

Malia stood up and took a few steps towards Lydia, but she couldn't get very far with the chains around her wrist that connected to the cell wall. "I have to give it to Stiles, he is a fine actor and is a shame that he couldn't be my King. But I was stupid to think he actually loved me. Of course he loved you, everyone just loves the heir to the American throne."

"What do you mean by that?" Lydia questioned.

"The small affair you had with Jackson." Malia replied, "You and I are all too alike but you just won't admit it. You deceive people and won't stop until you get want you want. You're ruthless and show no mercy."

"I don't see how you know so much about me. We've only talked a few times and all those times were you threatening me. Tell me, Malia, how many people have you killed or sent people out to kill?"

"Fifteen. Maybe twenty. I lost track." Malia shrugged.

"And you're only a Princess." Lydia said, "I can't imagine how many people you would kill if you were ever the Queen. I'm a Princess and I haven't killed one person."

"That's because mommy kept you locked up for so many years." Malia replied, "Tell me, how was it witnessing her death? Did you cry? Did you feel angry? Because my mom and I jumped for joy when we found out the Queen Natalie died."

"You and your mom always get to beg for you lives when you're beheaded together." Lydia smiled.

"What?" Malia's mischievous smile fell from her face and was replaced with a dark look. "You're killing both of us at the same time? No, you can't do that! You can't have me watch my mother die or my mother watch me die! That's cruel!"

"Like how cruel it was when you sent the plague to my castle and I had to watch my mother die in front of me? Besides, it'll be a quick death. You'll barely have time to register what is going to happen."

"You're taking your anger out on us! You're letting your emotions get the best of you. With the position you hold, you cannot afford to let your emotions come over you." Malia said and sounded like she was begging for mercy.

"Too late." Lydia turned around, "Guards! It's time."

"No, please-"

"Have a wonderful afterlife, Malia." Lydia wished before she walked out of the cell and prison area. Stiles waited for her outside and smiled.

"Did you say everything you need to?"

"Come on," Lydia said and held Stiles hand, "Let's just get this over with."

"Gladly." Stiles replied.

Lydia sat between her father and Stiles. It looked like more than one thousand people showed up and Lydia was shocked. Today really was like a roman carnival. She didn't feel pleasure about taking the lives of two people, but she did feel some closure. Isabella and Malia walked out and Lydia felt her breath fall short. This was actually happening. The two no longer looked glamorous or liked they had power. They just looked miserable.

"Would you like to do the honors?" The King asked.

"Sure." Lydia let out a heavy sigh and cleared her throat before yelling louder than she thought she ever could, "Off with their heads!"

The crowd cheered and Lydia winced as she saw the death of the Queen and Princess of France.

~-~-

In honor of Teen Wolf finally coming back tonight, I decided to update all of my stories! And I may update in a few hours later. Do you guys want a double update today? I mean, Teen Wolf is coming back today!

And the Queen and Princess are dead. It's about time. 

Thank you all so much for reading!