Chapter 15: Oh please! Don't throw the tomatoes!

'Next one to perform is Alison Mitchells!' Announced the host. Everyone claps for me as I go to the stage.
As I start to sing, everyone starts laughing, even Adam Levine laughs.
Suddenly, I realize that I'm not singing in my voice, it is someone else's voice! I put a hand on my throat.
'No. It's not my voice.' I tell the audience. Too bad, they have already started to throw tomatoes and eggs on me.
I scream and wake up from the dream - actually, the nightmare!
I started breathing heavily. I realized that I was drenched in sweat because of that horrible and terrible nightmare. I checked on my side, Emma and Victoria were still sleeping. My scream did not effect them, they were sleeping soundly. I glanced at the clock, it read 2:20 pm.
I quickly got up from the couch where we slept last night while watching movies.
I felt a lot of pain in my neck as I slept in the same state whole night.
I grabbed my Guitar, wore my shoes, brushed my hair and left the house.
After 5 minutes, I was in my own home.
I went upstairs to my room, changed my clothes and started to sing. After sometime, I felt so hungry, I went downstairs to eat something. Mom was in the kitchen, cooking, of course.
'Morning, mom.' I said, searching for cornflakes - the love of my life - in the cabinet.
'Good Morning, dear,' She replied, 'how are you?'
'Fine.' I replied absently. I checked the other cabinets, hoping to find cornflakes. Nope. No sign of them.
'I'm gonna go buy cornflakes.' I said, heading to the door. I don't know what mom replied as I had shut the door.
I went to the nearest store, bought my cornflakes, paid for them and then I left the store. As I was on the road my phone beeped. It was a message from Emma. As I was about to read it, I realized that I was walking on the road - not on the footpath - and that a car was coming in my direction. I stood still in the middle of the road, waiting for the inevitable. And at the next moment, everything went black.
I woke up in a white room, trying to remember what happened. A nurse was standing in the room, examining me.
'Where am I?' I asked her, even though I already knew where was I.
'You're in the hospital,' She said, 'you had an accident. But you're totally fine, thank God it was a minor accident. The driver managed to stop his car at the last moment, but only your arm is injured as you were trying to shield yourself by your arm.'
My arm was covered in bandage. Thanks to God, it was my left arm that was injured. Atleast, I thought, I will be able to play my Guitar.
Ohh!! The singing competition! I realized. It's tomorrow!
And then, the door opened and my mom and dad appeared.
'Oh God!' My mom said. 'You are fine!' She said, kissing my forehead.
'When will she get discharged?' Dad asked. 'She can go now.' The nurse said.
Oh. That is a good news.
My mobile, I suddenly realized, it must be crushed. Oh no!
I got up and left the room with my parents.
After sometime, we were in our home. I glanced at the clock. It was 7 pm.
'Oh man!' I muttered to myself. I was going to my room when suddenly Amy appeared and hugged me. I was clearly shocked by this act.
'Ohh! You're okay!' She said.
'Yeah,' I said as I released myself from the hug, 'got to go.'
Then I went to my room, grabbed my guitar and tried to hold it.
Although, I could easily play the guitar with the right hand, it was difficult to hold it from the left arm which was paining so much.
I went to Mum's room, called Emma and Victoria, and asked them to come over.
After half an hour, the bell rang. I went to open the door. It was Emma.
'Hey. Where wer---'
She stopped as she stared at my arm.
'What just happened?!' She asked me.
'Oh nothing, I actually had an accident but----'
'A WHAT?!'
'Accident, but it was minor one, now--'
'Oh God!' She hugged me. 'You're fine!'
'Yes, I am fine. Now let's go to my room, I am facing some problem in holding the guitar.' I said, and we went upstairs to my room.
After some time, Victoria came. She literally started crying as she saw my arm. I didn't understand how to handle the crying. She stopped crying as I told her that we should deal with what is important right now - the Singing Contest!
Soon, I managed to hold the guitar. It pained a lot when I held it.
It's no big deal, Alison. This pain is temporary.