(1) Write a random number and make a fool out of myself. Maybe a detention.

(2) Don't write anything and still make a fool out of myself. Maybe a detention.

(3) Run out of the classroom and hide somewhere. A definite detention and also a risk the whole school finding out that I do not pay attention in class.

The third option seemed great but the consequences, not so much. So I went for the first one. I might have a 0.0000001% chance that I might get the answer right. Number 64 will either save me from humiliation or put me right in the middle of it.

'Very good.'

'Huh.'

'Good so you have somewhat paid attention. Go back to your seat.' Mrs.Abeysuriya praised me and took the marker from my hand.

I was dumbstruck. In that 0.0000001% chance of getting the answer right, I had gotten it right.

Seems like a life lesson can be learnt from this.

Sometimes, no matter how slim the chances are, there is always a possibility that it might happen. That having hopes is not in vain. Who knew that all it took was a maths sum to get me thinking philosophically on the output of life.

Wow, for a moment there I actually sound wise and smart. I banged my toe on my desk's leg as I tried to get to my seat.

Or maybe not.

·~·

'Okay now spill.' I greeted my friends as I banged my lunchbox on the table.

It was our break but I was hungry and well, you can't keep Dino hungry because he will eat me instead and I do not want to be eaten at such a young age.

That was the hunger speaking. When am hungry my already rare logical thoughts are thrown out the window.

'Okay.' Ecaria replied.

She was about to start when three annoying people plopped down next to us. Those three annoyying beings being Alvin, Theodore and Simon - er, Leon. Urgh, with their names being mostly from 'Alvin and the Chipmunks' I couldn't help but think of Leon as Simon instead.

'Hey girls.'

'Sup?'

'Someone's hungry already.'

The three boys were oblivious to Orla's and my death glares. We were just about to get Donut to tell us about her date and these three plop in. Grrr.

'Hey boys.' Ecaria replied, smiling.

'I just remembered something girls.' Orla began. Ecaria and I looked at her confused.

'Well, remember that thing we promised to do today.'

My eyes met Orla's and I instantly understood the underlying message.

'Yeah I do. Come on Donut we've got work to do. Bye boys.' I said as I grabbed my lunchbox and left.

'Sorry boys but this is important. We'll talk later okay.' Orla said to the three confused boys and we all ran to the girls' washroom.

Panting slightly we all sat on the counter, where the sinks were, except for Ecaria who was standing facing us.

Finally some peace and quiet. Not really, we were interrupted by some girls using the washroom but they didn't bother us a lot. We motioned for Ecaria to begin talking.

'Well Leon was so sweet. He gave me a white rose before he took me to the restaurant.' Her eyes became starry eyed as she mentioned the restaurant. Orla and I smirked at each other.