Chapter 63 - Class Reunion

[Back at Shin's perspective]

10 hours later...

I sprinted down the hallway, slashing through mecha titans with a single swing of my purple katana. The corridor seemed endless like I was trapped in a loop, but finally, I burst through the exit.

"Nighttime..."

The stars, so close and brilliant, filled the sky. I couldn't help but grin. "After this mission, I'm taking everyone for some stargazing."

"Hmph... Such an idiot plan," Tsurugi's voice echoed in my mind.

"Oh, shut it. Look at the starry sky. It's beautiful!"

"Yeah, yeah."

As I scanned the area, I spotted two familiar figures below, locked in battle with an Asleikr Mystletainn.

"Huh? Over there...! That's Major Himeko and Dr. Tesla."

Without hesitation, I vaulted over the fence, rolled to break my fall, and dashed forward. With a swift strike, I beheaded the Asleikr, sending it crashing to the ground.

"Shin?!"

"Major Himeko! Good to see you! Are you alright?"

"T-That's my question! What did Rita do to you?!"

"She... treated me well... That's all."

"Those long pauses are very suspicious," Dr. Tesla remarked, eyeing me skeptically.

"Major Himeko, what's the plan?" I asked, turning to her.

"We need to contact Principal Theresa and the others," she replied.

"I'll go with you two–"

"No, Shin. From now on, I'm ordering you to head back to the Hyperion and see what's going on there."

"But–"

"Shin!" she shouted, her voice firm. "This is just a possibility, but... Kiana might be with them. No, they're probably fighting Kiana right now. So do it for me."

I gritted my teeth, looking down for a moment before turning and running away.

[Switching to Murata Himeko's Point of View]

Himeko watched Shin go, a look of concern in her eyes. "Are you sure it's okay to let him go like that? You look like you'll need some help after all that fighting," Dr. Tesla said, turning to her with concern.

"It's alright. This is just a simple task," Himeko replied. "But Fu Hua mentioned there's something in the lab that can save everybody. Perhaps it's something we can use to defeat the Herrscher." She began walking forward. "Schicksal must have a fail-safe plan somewhere in case this thing got out of control. Maybe that's where the answer lies."

"Then... let's get a move on," Dr. Tesla said.

"Yeah," Himeko agreed.

Himeko and Dr. Tesla moved down the opposite path.

[Back at Shin's point of view]

As I sprinted through the area, Tsurugi's voice echoed in my mind. "Shin, can you sense it?" she asked.

"Sense what?" I replied, my pace never faltering.

"That woman's death."

I halted abruptly, confusion clouding my thoughts. "What do you mean?"

Before Tsurugi could respond, a group of Asleikr Baugi descended from above, their attacks swift and relentless. I dodged, countering with quick, precise strikes.