Chapter 62 - Dancing with Death

[Himeko Murata's point of view]

Brrzzaaa.... brrzzap!

——The fire spread in the darkness.

——The burning embers shone like the morning sun.

——Everything was baptized in the blazing fire.

Dr. Tesla's voice crackled through the comms, her tone urgent. "Space curvature anomaly detected. Honkai energy levels are off the charts! More hostiles incoming! We have to stop the Herrscher from summoning more minions!"

Himeko nodded, determination etched on her face. "I'll distract the enemies. Focus on saving the wounded!" She moved toward the approaching Honkai beasts, her blade ready. "Can we restart the Hyperion's engines?"

Tesla's response was laced with stress. "Port-side armor plating compromised. Drive chamber impacted. Shock absorbing systems damaged. We need time to make her air-worthy again. Drive conversion rates..."

Himeko cut her off, her voice firm. "Calm down. Just tell me how much time you need!"

"Three minutes. Just give me three minutes and we'll be out of here!"

Himeko's path was blocked by three Praetorians, a Joyo-Ninja, and four archers. She sighed, her grip tightening on her weapon. "Haahh... Bunch of ants."

Without hesitation, Himeko charged forward, her blade cutting through the air.

With a fierce cry, Himeko's flaming blade sliced through the Praetorian zombies, reducing them to ash in a single, sweeping motion. She moved swiftly to the archers, their attempts to draw their bows futile as she cut them down effortlessly.

Suddenly, Himeko's body tensed, a sharp pain ripping through her as she coughed up blood, her vision blurring momentarily.

In that brief moment of vulnerability, the last Joyo-Ninja sprang from behind, its blade aimed at her back.

And then... slash.

[Meanwhile, Back at Raiden Mei's Point of View]

Mei's eyes widened as she spotted Theresa and Einstein's mech approaching.

"Principal?" Mei called out, relief evident in her voice.

Theresa landed beside her, assessing the situation quickly. "Great, I've managed to catch up. Professor, I've met up with Mei. But Kiana..."

Einstein's voice crackled through the comms, concern lacing her words. "High Honkai energy readings detected in Kiana's body. We're getting a reading of 4458 HW... Is this reader broken?"

"Where's your mech unit?" Theresa asked urgency in her tone.

"I have not received signals from any of the 61 mech units of the Vanguard. The number of hostiles is still increasing. Many are joining the battlefield as we speak... and the situation is not looking good for us."

Theresa's expression hardened. "I've no choice but to bet on this... We have a chance of winning if we can stir Kiana's sense of self."

Three chariot beasts suddenly appeared, their menacing forms ready to attack.

"Looks like I have no choice either," Theresa said, determination in her eyes. Lightning spears materialized in her hands, a massive cross forming behind her. "Mei, stand back. I'll take care of this."

"Y-Yes!" Mei stepped back, watching in awe as Theresa surged forward. "That's the Oath of Judah... The 11th Key."

Theresa threw her lightning spears with precision, summoning more in the air to rain down on the beasts.