Chapter 64 - Last Goodbye

She singled me out with a pointed finger. "I'll start with you... boy."

"Oh..."

The Herrscher of Void suddenly blinked in front of me, her eyes gleaming with malice as dimensional wormholes rippled around her, spears poised to strike. Just as she thrust one forward, Himeko intervened, her greatsword shimmering with flames as it slashed through the spear.

"Tch... Insect... Wait for your turn," the Herrscher of Void spat, vanishing in an instant.

Himeko chuckled, "I've been very impatient for a while, sugar~" She surged forward, her greatsword blazing with fiery intensity.

As the battle raged, I focused on defending Himeko, slicing through the spears aimed at her.

"Annoying!" Kiana hissed, her eyes darkening as she summoned black holes, raining spears from above. Himeko met them head-on, her flaming greatsword cutting through each one, causing fiery explosions.

The Herrscher of Void then produced a small cube, its surface shifting and expanding into an array of arrows. She aimed her palm at us, releasing the deadly barrage.

"Is that all a Herrscher can do?" Himeko taunted, her confidence unwavering as she lunged forward, her strikes a blur of fiery brilliance.

I struggled to keep up with their speed, the battlefield a whirlwind of flames, spears, and dimensional rifts.

They're fast...

Himeko and the Herrscher of Void clashed with ferocious intensity. The Herrscher parried and struck with one arm while the other conjured dimensional wormholes, from which monstrous Honkai beasts emerged.

"Shin!"

"I got it!" I responded, leaping into action. My blade flashed as I met each beast head-on, cutting them down the moment they emerged from the wormholes.

"Get out of the way!" The Herrscher of Void blinked behind me, but Himeko, anticipating her move, swung her greatsword with precision. The Herrscher narrowly avoided the full strike, blinking away just in time but not without a small cut forming on her arm, blood trickling from the wound.

Her eyes widened as she noticed something. "Wait a minute... That battlesuit!"

Himeko smirked, her voice dripping with mock sympathy. "That looks painful... You're actually bleeding! I never expected a God to bleed."

"...Impossible...! I should have killed you a dozen times by now!"

"OH! I am so sorry! I can be rather sticky sometimes," Himeko taunted, pointing her greatsword toward the Herrscher.

"Insolent human!"

Himeko's smirk widened. "Don't you ever get tired of calling us insects or humans?" She sneered, "I've got a name, you know. Try to remember it when you go to hell and cry to your daddy..."

Himeko rushed forward and leaped, her greatsword blazing. "I'm MURATA HIMEKO!"

The battlefield erupted once more as the Herrscher and Himeko clashed, their intense struggle igniting the air around them.

Major Himeko... You're strong! Ack! I shouldn't be watching and standing around! I need to help her!

Greatsword clashed with a dreadful lance. Fire blazed and shadows danced.

Himeko swung her greatsword and bravely stood against the maelstrom of destruction.

"Curses...! You're nothing but an insect to me!"

The Herrscher's lance crackled with blasts of lightning, the air thick with the acrid scent of death. But Himeko's blazing greatsword swept through, whipping up a firestorm that reduced the attack to ashes.