Chapter 20

Aurora's Dress

Aurora's Dress

To say the amount of balls and parties the political and powerful people of this city held on a yearly basis was ridiculous would be an understatement.

Every week there's some kind of event happening, and the mayors annual black tie ball was just one of them.

I think these parties just gave these housewives something to do and look forward to with the planning and the dressing up.

Plus they were an excuse for them to be caught with a drink in hand.

The dress I bought was beautiful, but so not me. I guess the occasion called for it, something more classy.

Molly's dress was a corset dress with more frills and drama than mine.

I smile at my friend who made me feel at least more simple, which is what I wanted in the first place.

I let Molly play with my curls and she did a nice classy updo, with two strands hanging on either side of my face.

She also did my makeup and finished off my look with a red lip.

Soon there was a knock at the door and Molly went to open while I wore my stilettos.

Jake was in a tux, he looked good. A sight for sore eyes, "wow!" He says with eyes widened when he sees me.

I smile, finding it hard to hide my blush, "hey."

"You look amazing, Rori" he says, his voice soft, almost a whisper, "the luck I must have to have landed a date as beautiful as you."

"Thanks, Jake. You don't look too shabby either." I smile.

He lets out a short laugh and extends his hand, "shall we?"

I take it, " We shall"

"Oh don't mind me, I'm driving to the ball, thanks for the offer Jake" Molly sarcastically lets out.

"Oh sorry Molly, your friend just caught me off guard." He responds.

I roll my eyes at her and smile, "see you there Mols"

Jake and I walk to his.. limo, arm in arm.

He opens the door for me to get in, like the gentleman he is and goes around to enter on the other side.

This is what it must feel like to be Cinderella

The drive there was filled with light conversation about our day and what he had planned for the weekend.

His eyes were dark though, filled with desire, but something else was behind them too, somewhat admiration, maybe awe?

Here I was going to a ball with a good looking man, who was nice, funny and sweet and I can't help but think about him.