Chapter 16

*Aizawa POV*

"ErasureHead! There's an emergency at UA!"
I jumped up.
"What do you mean? Aren't there any others who can help?"
"There have been multiple attacks across the city! All our spare heroes can't handle this!"
"Can't handle what?"
"The UA dorms are on fire!"
My eyes widened in horror.
'Fire.. oh no.. oh no, no, no, no!'
"I'm sorry, but -"
I shook my head and rushed out of the police station. Ua was almost fifteen minutes away by car, nearly 45 by walking.
'Fastest way to get there.. uh- rooftops!'
I unravelled my capture weapon and threw it around a lamp-post, tightening it around it before jumping, pulling it tight and flying above the roof tops. Landing, I stumbled slightly, ankle rolling sideways. I winced but started running again as fast as I could. An orange haze was on the horizon line, and I hoped against hope that it was just the sun.

People below gasped and pointed at me as I ran by, in awe of seeing an underground hero and a UA teacher during the day. Many cheered and took pictures, but I ignored them. I had to get to UA.
'Why was it today of all days! It is the day off for my class! Please say they are OK.. please say my class is OK!'
I spotted other heroes, but they were all heading in opposite directions. The attackers had planned this thoroughly. All the heroes i had seen today in this area were those with quirks that didn't work well against fire. All those with water quirks must be on the other side of the city, with no time for them to get here, and even if they could, there are more attacks happening elsewhere.
'Sh[]t the orange light is growing bigger.. please say it isn't the dorms.. please..'
I jumped over a gap between rooftops, landing unsteadily. I groaned in agony but ignored it, the adrenaline driving me.

I made it to the hill now and hurried up it, hobbling slightly at steep parts, but keeping a steady pace. Reaching the top of the hill, I knew it wasn't the sun casting that light. Part of the wall had been knocked down, and a large smoke cloud was eminating from the east side of campus. A large group was standing nearby, a few sitting on the ground, others rushing around. I saw Recovery Girl and ran up to her.
"Where's Hizashi? Is he OK?!"
RG looked up at me, a look of gladness flowing over her.
"He is OK, Hizashi is over by the tent.."
I thanked her and ran to the makeshift tent that was obviously medical. He was sitting outside it, coughing slightly but looking otherwise unharmed.
"Hizashi!"
I ran up to him and hugged him, holding him tight.
"Hi Shota. *cough* Glad you're ok."
"What happened? Where's the fire?!"
"Toga. She got into UA grounds and turned off all security. The villains managed to get in and set fire to the teachers and three students dorms. *cough* Everyone is out, though."
I let him go and stood up, looking around.
"Hizashi.. where is Eri and Shinso.."
He stood up and looked around to.
"I thought they followed me out! Are they not here! Eri?! Shinso?!"
He started shouting for them, voice shaking.
"Shota.. I think.. I think they are still in the teachers' dorm!"
I ran ahead, pushing through the crowd to get to the teachers' dorms. People shouted and called after me, telling me to stop.
"Shota! Wait!"
"Mr. Aizawa! Don't go in there! It's too dangerous!"
"My f[]cking kids are in there, and if you think I'm gonna f[]cking stand back and watch, then you have anoughter thing coming!"
A hand grabbed me from behind, and I span around. A young man with white hair stood there, with Hazel eyes and a costume.
"You stay here, Aizawa. I will get them. Don't worry."
"N- Neo?!"
He grinned at he and pushed me to the floor before running past me towards the dorms, dodging around the last few people and darting into the dorm, fire blocking my view of him in seconds. I went to stand but collapsed again, my ankle buckling.
"Shota! Who the hell was that?! Are you OK!?"
Hizashi ran up to me, coughing slightly.
"I'm fine! It's Neo! The kid from the cafe! He is Tsukiko! And he just ran into the fire to get our kids!"
I tried to stand again, but Hizashi held me by my shoulder, making me stay on the ground.
"Shota! You stay here! You won't be able to help them with your ankle like that! I'll go help him!"
As he said that, the roof of the teachers dorm caved in.