Chapter 5

*Izuku POV*

"Sir? Are you OK, sir?"
I looked down and saw a young child looking up at me with a worried look on their face. I realised I had tears running down my face.
"Y- ye, I'm OK, kid.." I wiped the tear streaks from my face.
"Eri! Where did you go?!"
"I'm here, Papa! Bye, mister!" She ran off towards a man with black hair and a grey scarf, reaching him she grabbed him round the middle, hugging him tightly. I could partially hear her and saw her turn around and point to me. The man looked up from her and saw me. It was ErasureHead. I pulled up my hood over my cap and started walking in the other direction, not wanting him to question me.

I had made it halfway down the street when I heard hurried footsteps behind me. Panicking, I started to run, tears blurring my vision. I turned the corner and hit someone. Looking up, I saw it was Endeavour. My eyes widened with fear, and I hurriedly got up and ran off again.
"Hey! Watch where you're going, kid!"
I could still hear ErasureHead behind me. I turned down an alleyway, I had been here many times before.

*ErasureHead POV*

I followed the kid down the alley, Endeavour's shouts of annoyance echoing down the street.
'The hell is this kid running for.'
The kid turned a corner and sped down a different alley. It had rained the night before, so there were large puddles along the sides and middle. Up ahead, the kid skidded along the alley, and his hood fell down, revealing bright white hair.
"Neo?! Is that you? Come back here!"
He stabled himself and pulled his hood up again quickly and set off running. I chased after him, calling out for him to come back. He turned down an adjacent alley to the one we were in. I slid on a bit of damp cardboard and missed the turning, by the time I had got back to the alley entrance Neo had gone. There were so many different alleys he could have gone down that I didn't know what one he had taken.

*Izuku POV* 

I ran down the different alleys, twisting and turning before realising I had lost ErasureHead. By now, the sun was high in the sky, but dark clouds were starting to form. I walked down the different alleys before reaching the main road. I sighed, secured my hood, and walked down the road, head hanging low. I stopped and checked that I still had the food and found my hand wrapped tightly around the newspaper. I let my hand relax and took a deep breath. After a few minutes, I continued walking.

*Hawks POV*

'Dang Izuku.. You're gonna get yourself caught if you don't pay attention.'
I flexed my wings as I watched him walk down the street. From my perch on the roof, I could see the direction he was heading to that he was going back to his home. From the corner of the street, I could see a disturbance. I flew up and glided over to another building. From what I could see, it was a group of people talking in the shadows of a gap between two buildings. I was about to throw it off as a bunch of teens mucking about when I saw they were talking into a microphone and all had a mask covering their face. Although not doing anything illegal, I was about to  contact my agency when they spread out surrounding a kid. Izuku.
'Sh[]t.'
I flew down to the ground and landed behind them. They hadn't noticed me yet, but Izuku had. His eyes were locked on me, and he was struggling against one who had him in a choke hold. I gave him a look, telling him not to fight back. Any pro hero who saw him old knows who he was by his fighting style. He was still struggling, his face contorted in pain, but he nodded slightly, showing he understood. 

I cleared my throat, "Um.. excuse me, but what do you think you're doing?"
"The f[]ck you think bird-brain."
"Now that's not very now, is it." I spread out my wings slightly, covering the movement of me calling for back up as I couldn't take a dozen of them on at once.
"Now why don't you let the young man go, and we can be on our ways."
"I don't think so.. you see, we need a kid for our boss, and he looks about right for the job." The man laughed at himself. His eyes widened as his face darkened.