Chapter 8

*Aizawa POV - After meeting up with Hawks, they went to the police station*

"Can't you get security camera footage, Tsukauchi?"
"No, Aizawa.."
"Access to peoples video doorbells?"
"No, we ca -"
"Talk to the locals?!"
"Shota! Listen to me!"
I stopped pacing and looked at him.
"We have tried everything. There is no sign of him, where he went or anything! You need to calm down now. Please.. your worrying won't help us find him.." He sighed and rested his head in his hands, turning off his laptop screen.
I had been pestering him for almost 5 hours straight, looking over his shoulder and occasionally taking his laptop, thinking I saw Tsukiko on a camera or that I had a sudden idea. I knew I had been a pain, but I was so worried about him.

The door clicked open behind us, and Tsuchauki raised his head.
"Hello Hawks.."
"Why so down Tsuchaki.. long night?"
"Very long.. is that coffee?" He was eyeing the tray of mugs in Hawks' hands.
"Yup! Extra is strong as I'm guessing Aizawa has been going Dad-mode since we got back."
"Huh.."
"Oh yes, he has Hawks.. no stop. I'm quite annoying, really, but I understand why. Tsukiko has dropped the crime rate by over half in the last few years."
Hawks offered me a steaming mug, and I accepted it graciously. It was scalding hot, but I drank it quickly, glad to have some caffeine. Tsukauchi also accepted his coffee and picked up his phone after receiving an email. Halfway through taking a sip, he suddenly choked and spat it out, spraying it over Hawks, who jumped up in the air, knocking over a table with his wings.
"Aizawa, we have something! Come look!"
I hurried to his side as he projected the camera footage onto the large screen. Hawks stood beside us, grumbling quietly. I gave him a look, and he soon stopped. Tsukauchi played the video.

It showed Tsukiko carring a girl, she looked roughly his age, mabye slightly younger. She wasn't moving, but we could tell she was alive by the movements of Tsukiko. He suddenly dropped the girl, moving afew faces before collapsing. He was fiddling with his mask, choking and retching. His fingers were sliding across the fabric, blood covering his hands. He suddenly took out a knife from a pocket in his trousers, sliding it across one side of his mask, pulling it away. He retched again, blood spilling from his mouth. His face was pale, a large scratch down one side and a scar on the other. He went on in this condition for about five minutes before glancing around to the side to check the girl was OK. He stood up before tumbling sideways, grabbing onto the wall for support. He threw his mask aside before wiping his forehead with the back of his hand, pulling it back to see it covered in blood. His body went limp at that moment, and he fell sideways, crashing to the floor.

"The tape stays like this until about 6:30 am before it changes.." Tsukauchi spoke as he skipped forward in the tape.

The girls body twitched slightly before she rolled onto her back, wiping cheek as there were blood stains on it. She sat up and looked around before seeing Tsukiko laying about 10 feet away from her, surrounded in a pool of blood.
"Oh no.. Zuku? Are you OK? Zuku, can you hear me?" Her voice was cracked and slightly muffled through the video, but you could tell that she was terrified.
"Izuku?! No, no, no, no, no! This is bad!" She crawled forwards and  grabbed his wrist, presumably feeling for a pulse. She heaved a deep sigh before sitting Tsukiko up against her, wiping his forehead with her sleeve. She looked down at his chest and screamed.. short and loud. The girl fumbled with his chest before pulling her hand away, a bloody knife in it. She heaved him up, wrapping one of his arms around her shoulders. She turned around, her face covered in shadow. She gazed right at the camera, eyes wide. The video tape cut, the last frame showing a dagger flying towards it.

I turned to Hawks. His hands were over his mouth, eyes wide. He mumbled something inaudible and hurried out of the room, wiping his eyes. Tsukauchi was in shock but also had an impressed look on his face.
"The hell are you smiling about?! Tsukiko's injured and is probably knocking on deaths door!"
"Well, Aizawa. We know Tsukikos' identity and what his face looks like. Very smart of him, the way he positioned himself and the girl. Hiding both of their faces, only showing half of his at a time. He must have known there was a camera. However, the girl didn't know, showing us Tsukiko's face and also revealing his name to us. Unfortunately, we can not identify the girl as she was covered in shadow for the most part."
I watched as Tsukauchi rewinded the video. He was right, Tsukiko's face was bathed in light, and we could see it fully.
"The girl said his name is Izuku, so all we need to do now is look up who this Izuku might be. We can also look out for him on the streets as we know what he looks like as well."
He opened up a search browser and searched in the name Izuku. Entering it, a news report from five years ago came up on the screen.
"I don't think that this is Tsukiko. It says that he was most likely murdered just outside of his school or kidnapped. His full name is Izuku Midoriya."
"Wait.. Midoriya?! There was a report on this recently."
I took the laptop from him and searched Midoriya Death into the search bar. It came up with the death of Inko Midoriya, mother of Izuku Midoriya.
"It says she died in a house-fire. However, it wasn't her house, so we need to find out whose it is as they most likely have information on Izuku."
"I wonder why you aren't one of the lop Hero's Aizawa. You know much more than others do."
Hawks re-entered the room at that moment, eyes blood-shot. He avoided eye contact, and I didn't question. I knew he blamed himself for this. He was tailing Tsukiko, and he lost him. I nodded to him as Tsukauchi explained what they had learned about Tsukiko. Hawks' eyes widened behind his glasses.