Chapter 12

*Izuku POV*

'It's so quiet.. this isn't normal for this time in the morning..'
It was about 7am and by now everyone is up on a Sunday. My shift didn't start till 8 am. on Sundays, so I had a lay in as I was drained. I was sitting on the end of my bed, my notebook beside me. It was open to a page containing information on gun skills as my knives weren't that good when i was in a light area as they reflected the light. I stood up and walked to my door, unlocking it and walking down to the kitchen, yawning widely.

"Suprise!"
I jumped as I opened the door, Toga launching herself onto me. I stumbled back as she rugby tackled me.
"Huh -"
"Do you not remember what day it is?"
She stepped back, tilting her head sideways slightly.
"Uh- uhm.. Its Sunday?"
Toga slapped her hand to her face.
"It's January 17th."
I looked at her questioningly. She sighed and dragged me into the kitchen by my wrist.
"Happy birthday, dummy!"
My eyes widened as I saw the kitchen covered in streamers and a small gift on the table. A large banner was hung above the oven, saying 'happy 17th birthday!'. Hawks and Dabi were standing together, grinning at me whilst wearing party hats.
"Happy birthday, Izuku!"
"Happy 17th!"
They walked over and hugged me before Dabi plopped a party hat on my head. I grinned at them. Today was one of the days that I felt truly at peace with the world, and the world was in peace with me.

"Here Izuku! We got you this!"
Toga was holding out a small package for me, tied neatly with a small ribbon. I took it from her and carefully unwrapped it. There on my palm sat a gold locket in the shape of a crescent moon. Reaching over me, Hawks pressed on the case and it opened up, revealing small photo of us all on oneside from when we first met and a more recent one from a few weeks ago when we went to a theme park for the first time.

I felt my eyes stinging at the corners slightly, and a small tear fell. Toga, seeing this, came over to me and hugged me. Dabi patted my head, amused by my reaction, and also intrigued how my hair was so bouncy even though it was so long. Hawks picked up the locket and put it around my neck.
"Happy birthday, Izuku."
Hawks then started hugging me as well, and Dabi also did.

Toga, being Toga, got so excited that she started jumping up and down, causing us to topple over onto her. I burst into laughter, not one of my maniac ones but a real laugh of joy. Dabi snickered, and Hawks laughed with me, Toga was trying to wriggle out from the bottom of the pile.

I stood up and brushed down my clothes before holding out my hand and helping Toga up. She was pouting and stood sulking in the corner of the room. Dabi soon walked over to her and stood next to her, mimicking her expression and pose. Somehow, Dabi managed to look at Toga at the same time Toga looked at him, causing me and Hawks to double over in laughter again. After calming down, Hawks set out some breakfast for us all, a waffle and some fruit, and we went to sit down. Toga stopped pouting as soon as she smelt the waffles and came skipping to her seat.

'You guys are odd, but that's why I love you all..'
I gulped down my waffle and stood up.
"I'm going to go get ready for work!"
Dabi protested loudly at this and added in about 2 curse words for every three normal ones.
'Impressive how much he can swear in a sentence.'
"Dabi, I need to! I'm already suspicious at work, so I don't want to miss a single day!"
"Ugh- fine.. but if you aren't back by 3pm, I will f[]cking kill you Izuku."
"I'll take your work for it!"

*Time skip brought to you by Izuku walking down the road to work merrily*

I walked up to the cafe, treading carefully as the ground had frozen during the night. I was looking at the ground as I walked near my workplace when I walked into someone. I lost my footing and went crashing to the ground, the person I walked into doing the same.
"Ouch.. oh my god, I'm so sorry!"
I got to my feet and helped the person up. They were a teenage boy about my age, with bright purple hair and black eyes. They stepped back after I helped them up and avoided eye contact, obviously embarrassed.
"Are you OK, sir?"
"Huh- Oh yes! Uhm.. are you a worker here? My dad told me to meet him here after his shift at work and I arrived early so the cafe wasn't open.."
"Yes, I am! Sorry, i will open up the cafe now."
I walked up to the door and unlocked it, holding the door for the boy. I flicked on the lights, half blinding myself in the sudden brightness.
"I'm going to just sign myself in so you can make yourself at home at one of the tables if you like!"
"OK, thanks!"