Chapter 35

First, I'd like to thank those who answered my question,  I will be going back to the Teen Wolf plot. But nut until after two chapters because I have already written them.

Hope's POV:

Josie and Lizzie went back to the Salvatore school, leaving Hope with her friends. "I need to check on, a friend. So in the meantime, you guys can go explore or check on the Mystic Grill?" Hope said.

"Yeah, sure" Stiles said, "just don't take too long, we need to catch the last bus out of town. You know, with school and all going on, we weren't allowed to be away very long."

"I'll be quick," Hope promised.

"Hey" Hope said, walking into principal Saltzman's office. "So good news. We caught another monster" she said. "It's a Sphinx, in case you had that on your Malivore bracket," Hope continued. Dr. Saltzman walked closer to her. "Which must mean that the zombie is probably roadkill by now. Right?" Dr. Saltzman said nothing. "Unless Malivore is actually starting to send two monsters at a tiieeem-." Hope stopped due to Dr. Saltzman hugging her. "Okay?" Hope said, a bit confused.

"Uhh, good morning to you too" Hope said, not sure what to do in this situation.

"I know you told me your story. But now. But the memories. I'm just happy to have you back." Dr. Saltzman said. Hope smiled. She'd missed Dr. Saltzman. Sure she had told him about her, but having him remember her was different. A good different.

"I wish everyone else felt the same," Hope said, her voice small. "You're just gonna have to give them time" Dr. Saltzman told her. Hope nodded. "Actually, I'm planning on doing just that. I'm heading home to New Orleans. To do research on how to close the portal, with my aunt, and her circle of witches."

"I see. And this trip to New Orleans. Is it a round trip, or one way?" Dr. Saltzman asked. "To be honest with you, I don't know," Hope answered.

"As much as I want you here, I think a bit of a vacation if well needed for you" Dr. Saltzman said. "And I don't mean going somewhere to do research" He then added. "What do you mean?" Hope asked, confused. "We can handle one monster at a time. So I think you should, maybe go back to Beacon Hills, with your friends. At least for a while. You should try to have a more normal life." Hope was going to say something, so Dr. Saltzman added: "We will let you know once we find a way to close the portal, okay?" "I-I guess. But I can't just leave you. Not now" Hope said. "Just consider it, at least?" "Yeah, okay, sure" Hope answered, having no intention of leaving her friends in this condition.

Hope went to the Mystic Grill and saw her BH friends sitting at a table at the end of the room, drinking milkshakes. "Hey" she said, sitting down next to Allison. "Hey" the BH gang all replied in unison. "So, when does your bus leave?" Hope asked. "In about two hours" Scott answered. "What do you want to do until then?" Hope asked them. "We were kinda thinking, if it would be possible for us to see your school?" Stiles asked, hopefully. Hope thought for a moment before answering. "Yeah, sure. I think that would be okay."

Hope showed the BH gang the Salvatore school. She explained a bit about how the teaching works and about the school's history. After about an hour and a half, she walked past Lizzie and Josie's bedroom. "You guys go ahead, I'll meet you downstairs at the main entrance."

Hope knocked lightly at the twins door, then opened it. "Uh hi" she said, seeing Lizzie and Josie, both sitting at Josie's bed. "Can I talk to Josie for a sec?" Hope asked. Lizzie looked at her sister, who nodded her head. "I'll go and get some ice," Lizzie said, walking out of the room. "How are you feeling?" Hope asked Josie. "Used," she replied. Hope looked down. "But I'm glad you're okay," Josie added. Hope smiled a bit before replying. "Are you okay?" she asked. "Yeah, yeah, I'm just a little drained," Josie said. "Yeah, I know the feeling," Hope said. "Yeah, you should get some rest" Josie advised. "Oh yeah, I will, but, umh," Hope sat down on Josie's bed. "I wanted to know if it was okay with you if I came back to school" Hope said. "I miss it," she smiled. "I miss my classes, miss morning meetings. The super squad," Josie smiled slightly. "I even miss Lizzie being mean to me. I miss you." Josie remained quiet. "But, umh, I won't come back if, me being here, brings you any more pain."

"But, umh, your dad suggested I should go back to Beacon Hills, take a vacation of sorts" Hope said. Josie said nothing. "What's that?" Hope added when she heard a light scratching sound. Josie took a big red book from her nightstand. "Penelope's burn book" she informed Hope. Josie opened the book. "Somebody must be using her pen," she explained. She started to read what stood on the page.

I learned today that no matter how hard you try, we can't solve the monster problem. I'm sorry to do this. I really wanted to avoid this pain, but it's been long enough, and sometimes pain is unavoidable. I've come to the realization that monsters aren't the only problem. I'm the problem too. I'm at the centre of all this heartache.

"What is it?" Hope asked. "It's Landon," Josie replied, trying to hold back tears. She showed Hope the page.

So I have to leave Mystic Falls, knowing that they'll follow me. I have to let you live your lives. Without monsters. And without me. I hope you can forgive me for this some day, but I understand if you don't.

With love, and regret,

Landon

The girls remained quiet for some time. Until Josie took Hope's hand. "He made his choice," she said. "We can make our own." "And I miss you too," Josie added. "But if you feel like you need a break, you should take it. Now that the monsters will be leaving."

"I'm really sorry," Hope said. She was sorry for not telling Josie she was back, for all the pain she had caused her and for Landon. "Yeah, me too," Josie said, smiling a sad smile. The two girls hugged, and Hope was happy to have her friend back.

Hope went to her room, quickly packed some stuff in a backpack, then went to meet her BH friends downstairs. When she came to the main entrance, she saw her friends surrounded by boys. Werewolves, Hope quickly realised. "Hope?" one of them said. Max, Hope recalled the boy's name. He was a pretty young werewolf kid who had just recently joined the pack. Hope had never even spoken to him. "Are these your friends?" he asked. "Uh, yeah?" Hope said with uncertainty. She approached the group and saw that Scott was in his half revolve, half humanoid form. "I see you have been having fun," Hope said to her friends. "What is he?" another boy from the pack asked her. "He's a werewolf, but just a different kind," Hope explained. "Wow" the pack said. "Are you really Hope's friends?" a boy, Daniel, whispered in Allisons ear. "Daniel, you know I can hear you when you whisper right?" Hope said. "Oh yeah, right, sorry. I sometimes forget you're a werewolf too" the boy said sheepishly. "To answer your question, yes, we are really Hope's friends," Allison said. Daniel looked a bit shocked at that. Hope wasn't surprised, though. She had never been the social type when she was at the Salvatore school.

"Where are you going?" Daniel pointed at Hope's backpack. "Just, away," Hope said, vaguely. Stiles looked at her with a questioning look, which Hope met with another look, telling him that she'll explain later.

"Shouldn't we be going?" Hope said. "You guys don't want to miss your bus." The five of them walked to the bus station. "Where are you going?" Stiles asked. "I was thinking, if it's okay with you, that I'd come back to beacon hills for a while?" Hope asked, not meeting anybody's eyes."If you want me there" she added. "Are you kidding?" Stiles exclaimed. "Of course we want you with us. But what about your other friends? Won't they need your help with the monsters and all?"

"Landon found a way to keep the monsters away from Mystic Falls," Hope said, her voice filled with sadness.

"Well, we have roughly forty hours until we arrive in Beacon Hills, so you can tell us all about this 'way' Landon used" Lydia said as the teens stepped onto the bus. "And you guys can tell me what's been going on in Beacon Hills since the last time I was there" Hope said.

Thank you all very much for reading my story, it means a lot to me. 

Don't forget to vote and comment💜