Chapter 4

Hope was standing in the bayou of New Orleans and there were screams all around her. Flashes of people screaming and covered in blood came into Hope's mind.

Hope quickly sat up in her bed, her heart beating rapidly and a wave of power came from her and knocked everything around her to the ground.

Hope steadied her heart and breathing, stood up and started picking up everything she threw to the ground.

On the floor were mostly books Hope had found around the house. She picked them up and put them on a small shelf. The only book that wasn't on the floor was a book called The girl who drank the moon. Hope remembered this book. It was a children's fairytale about a girl with magical powers and a witch everybody thought was evil but actually was kind.

Hope attempted to take the book up but it wouldn't budge. "Well that explains why it didn't fall to the ground I guess" Hope mumbled to herself.

Hope closed her eyes and concentrated. She put both her hands forward like she was trying to push an imaginary wall. Hope opened her eyes again and took the book up. She opened it and found a letter inside.

Hope took the letter into her hands and sat down on her bed. On the envelope was written in large letters: Hope.

Hope opened the letter and in it read:

Dear Hope

If you are reading this, that means that something bad has happened in New Orleans or Mystic Falls.

It also means you have found the house I bought. Well, the house is yours and in the envelope is a piece of paper with all the information you need to access the bank account I opened up for you.

I compelled a police officer to help you with everything you need if you just say 'please' . His name is Joan Castillo, and as I don't know when you might be reading this I made sure that the compulsion went down his family line. (Don't worry, other than that he will help you if you say please, he and his family's life was not interrupted)

Love Hayley

Tears fell down Hope's cheeks when she read the letter in her mothers handwriting.

Hope looked over the letter again, but stopped at the officer's name, Castillo. Like Phill Castillo?. That's why he suddenly changes his mind about letting her staying in the house alone.

Hope took out a piece of paper out of the envelope with all the bank information. She put it back in the envelope and put the envelope in a drawer on her nightstand. On her nightstand was also an alarm clock. It was currently 11:59. 'So much for getting a good night's sleep before school tomorrow' Hope thought.

"Well since I'm awake I should get some fresh air," Hope said to herself.

Hope you liked it 😋 please vote and comment 💜