Chapter 17

'Dear diary... God this is stupid.

This morning Noah suggested that I'd go see the school's counselor to help me deal with what happened. Me just showing up in Beacon Hills and all that. Of course I didn't want to do it but I did it anyway so he could maybe stop worrying about me. He's been doing that a lot, worrying about me.

It's not that I don't appreciate the concern, I do, It's just that I don't want him to worry.

Anyways, I went to the school's counselor and she told me to write a diary. God knows why. But I thought it couldn't hurt. I'll spell the book shut, cloak it or something anyway, so I don't have to worry about somebody reading it.

Today Scott and Stiles went on this trip with the lacrosse team and Lydia and Allison followed their bus. I think they – or just Allison – were worried about Scott and the others after what happened last night.

Scott had found out where the alpha pack was staying. Scott and the rest filled me in on their little problem the same night I told them about my family. That was, what? Three days ago? I think so.

Derek, Peter and Cora were already planning an attack when Scott came to tell them. I don't know all the details but from what Stiles told me by sending wage text messages, there was this big fight. And I think Derek died. I'm not sure, but I think Derek was fighting some guy and they fell down from the second floor.

I wasn't there because I'm on house arrest. Like literally. Noah is watching my every move. So I'm just here in my room while my friends are dealing with what happened last night.'

There was a nock on the door leading into Hope's bedroom. Hope laid down her pen and book and stood up from her bed. She walked to the door and opened it up.

"Hope, it's Lydia," Noah said, handing Hope a phone. She still hadn't gotten herself one. Hope took the phone from Noah's hand and he walked back down stairs.

"Hi," Hope greeted. "Hope, you need to get down here" Lydia said, sounding scared. "What, why? What happened?" Hope asked, her heart racing faster by the second. "Nothing yet," Lydia replied. "But I have this feeling about this place and it's not good."

"Where are you?" Hope asked. "I'll text you the address" Lydia answered. A few minutes later Lydia sent Hope the address. "Okay, now for the hard part. To convince Noah to let me out of the house" Hope said to herself.

Hope walked down the stairs to the living room where Noah was sitting going over some sort of files. "Hey" Hope said, walking up to the couch and sitting down beside Noah.

"So, you know the trip Scott and Stiles went on?" Hope asked innocently. "Yeah" Noah answered with suspicion in his voice. "Allison and Lydia are there too and they are there all alone with only boys and they asked if I could come." Hope said.

She knew that what she said didn't make any sense but what else was she supposed to say? That Lydia had a freaky feeling about a motel? Or that she was afraid that some monster was going to attack them?

If she said that it wouldn't end well. "Is there a teacher there?" Noah asked. "Yes, and Allison has a car so I will be able to get home safely. "I'm not sure," Noah began but Hope cut in. "You know Allison right? Straight A student with an almost perfect attendance record." Hope said. "I know, but I also know Lydia. And my son" he said.

"Please" Hope begged. "Alright, but I'll have officer Phil Castillo drive you" "Thank you" Hope said hugging Noah.

Sorry it's so short, hope you like it and please vote and comment💜🫶🏻💜