Chapter 98 Life on the Plains

A woman in her forties appeared in front of Ronnie's eyes and she was quite good looking. His mouth was gagged and all he could do was say, "Oooh! Woo! Woo!" The woman removed the black cloth from his mouth and asked, "What do you want to say?"

"You're not Michiko, don't try to imitate her."

The woman laughed, "I am Michiko, don't you recognize me?"

"Dana, don't joke with him or he'll get even crazier," the florist said.

"You say he's Ronnie? why does he look like a bum? and naked," the woman asked, looking at Ronnie skeptically.

"You can't go wrong with that," the florist laughed.

"He's crazy, why did you bring him back?"

"He's crazy but not stupid, he can still do a lot of things, let's get him in the house first," the florist pushed Ronnie into the house.

"Where's Michiko? call her quickly!" Ronnie shouted again when he reached the house. He had barely finished yelling when his mouth was gagged again.

Lily had searched the Shire Town all day and still hadn't found Ronnie; she couldn't get in or out. She couldn't go back to the City-state, and she didn't know where to go from there. She thought of Saria, the former Holy Virgin who had left the City-state and was doing well in her company. When Saria learned of Ronnie's disappearance, she rushed out to look for him, but again came up empty-handed.

Ronnie had been taken by the florists to the "Pampas," a place far from the city where no one knew him. He hadn't bathed in three months, his hair was unkempt like a chicken's nest, with a few flies on the ends, and he smelled bad. Dana, displeased with her husband, said, "You picked up a madman and brought him home and said he could do things for you, and now what, nothing has been accomplished and he's been eating for nothing for over three months."

The florist regretted as well, he had originally intended for Ronnie to bring him a windfall, counting on him to invent something small and sell it for a good price, but he didn't realize that he was getting worse and worse from the madness, and lately he didn't even speak anymore, only giggled.

"So what do you say?" the florist asked.

"Blast him out, he's a wreck now."

"Blast him out?" the florist froze and only said after a long time, "then he'll definitely starve to death."

"What? you still can't let him go?"

"Well, alas! I can't imagine the hero of the City-state ending up like that," the florist rose in pity.

Early the next morning, Ronnie was driven from the stable by the florist and his wife. He was dressed in a flowery robe and had a mutton leg hanging from his chest that the florists had given him to eat. As soon as he came out of the stable, he ran away like a wild horse. He ran to a hillside, saw a flock of sheep grazing, was suddenly happy, rushed over to catch them, the sheep were frightened and scattered. He was so angry that he jumped to his feet, but there was nothing he could do, so he had to continue running wildly forward, running three kilometers in one breath. Tired of running, he threw back his head and fell asleep, not knowing how much time had passed when a light breeze blew by. He awoke with a cold shiver, took a bite of the leg of lamb on his chest, got up, and continued to run.He made his way south, walking and stopping, and on the third day, the leg of lamb was finally chewed up. He was so hungry that he grabbed the grass on the ground and stuffed it into his mouth, and after two more days of this, he finally collapsed from hunger.

"Brother, come and look, there seems to be a dead man here," the one who spoke was a dark-skinned woman in her thirties.

"It stinks, how long has this person been dead?" another man approached and asked a question.