Chapter 95 The Fatal Judgement

Ronnie had been in bed for a week, and the first thing he saw when he woke up was Alice. He realized that every time he was in trouble, it was always this sister who stood by his side. Alice was happy to see him awake and asked, "Are you feeling better?"

"Much better, thank you Sister!" Ronnie said.

"I'll get you something to eat, just wait!"

Alice had just left, Amandine appeared in the room like a ghost, he was surprised, "Dad, you're finally awake, I want to ask you something, where was Mom killed?"

"Why do you ask that?" Ronnie asked with a frown.

"I want to avenge her, I told you, did you forget?"

"Don't be ridiculous, these are things for us adults."

"Just tell me the place and I'll do the rest," Amandine pestered him for half a day and got no answer. "Looks like it's better to make a trip back to 'Shire Town' first," he thought in his mind. After putting on his invisibility cloak, he got off the elevator and went to the first floor where he saw Qiaoqiaoaxing standing alone in front of the Sea of Dreams. He took off his cloak when no one else was around to meet him, "Grand Knight, what are you doing standing here?"

When there was no reply, he called out twice more, and only then did he turn and say, "I am praying for our Holy Virgin, in the hope that her soul will enter the Kingdom of Heaven."

"Oh!" hearing this, Amandine followed his example, stood up straight, crossed his arms over his chest, and said aloud, "I also pray that my mother's soul may enter the Kingdom of Heaven."

"What? has your mother also passed away?" Qiaoqiaoaxing asked.

"Yes. I am leaving the City-state now to avenge her death."

"Unfortunately, we don't even know who killed the Holy Virgin, and I am so disappointed in the knights of the City-state for not protecting her. It's a shame for all knights that they all forget the oath they took when they were ordained."

Amandine patted him on the shoulder and said in a hushed voice, "I am about to embark on my journey, so you will continue to help me pray!" with that, he put his cloak back on and boarded the Train of Courage, arriving at his home in Shire Town in no time. He found the War Rose, learned what had happened, and got a portrait of Bennett, the tall, skinny monkey. Holding the portrait, he muttered, "This man looks like a murderer, it's an abomination." After a moment's pause, he added to War Rose, "You will follow me from now on! I'll take you to the City-state."

Without realizing it, ten days passed, and Ronnie suddenly remembered that he hadn't seen his son for a long time, so he ran to ask Alice, "Where has Amandine been lately? why hasn't he come home?"

Alice didn't dare to tell him the truth for fear that he would be worried, as she had long ago inquired from Qiaoqiaoaxing about Amandine's absence from the City-state, "I think something came up at school!" she lied.

Another week passed and she began to worry as well. It had been more than twenty days since Amandine had left, and she was about to tell Ronnie the truth when Amandine came back with the War Roses behind her: "Clap your hands, Mom's death is avenged."

"Did you really find Yurina's killer?" Ronnie asked in surprise.

"Of course I did, why else would I have come back to see you?"

Then Amandine told them what had happened. He first went back to the place where Yurina was killed, then looked for a place with surveillance to check it out, and by following and asking around along the way, he finally found Bennett's place. Unfortunately, no one was around, so he stayed across the street and waited for Bennett. Two days later, he finally waited for him to show up. Amandine left the "War Rose" cloak and followed. As Bennett was about to enter the house, he was knocked unconscious. Amandine dragged him inside, gagged him, tied him to a chair and slapped him across the face. Bennett woke up and realized he was tied up and struggled desperately, mouthing "Oooh! Woo!". Wanting to question him, Amandine loosened the black cloth around his mouth and asked, "Do you know Yurina?"