Chapter 9 - Elena

Lucas continues petting my hair like I really am his little doll, and I shiver in his arms.

"If I can't leave, can I at least take a shower?" My body still hurts from last night and my head throbs, some hot water and steam would be nice right about now.

Deacon nods. "Lucas, let go of her," he says, and Lucas nips at the skin just below my ear before finally releasing me from his tight embrace.

I feel kind of deserted without his arms surrounding me, until Deacon takes my hand and leads me through the door next to the bed, his touch warming my skin and making me feel at ease. As soon as he closes the door behind us, he pulls me into his chest, his arms wrapping around me and holding me close.

"I'm sorry, babygirl," he whispers, his lips pressing against the top of my head.

I pull back to look up at him, "for what?"

"You don't even know everything those men did to you, do you?"

I actually let out a giggle at the pained look in his eyes, "Oh, Deacon, that wasn't my first rodeo." I run my hands through his still damp hair, enjoying the way his eyes flutter from my touch. "Believe me, nothing they could do to me would even come close to some of the things Frank has done."

Deacon's arms around me tighten and his eyes narrow, "I hope you know I'm never going to let you go back to him."

I open my mouth to argue but he shakes his head, "we'll do everything we can to get your mom, but even if we don't, there's no way in hell I'm letting you anywhere near him ever again."

"So what am I supposed to do? Where am I supposed to go? Frank wil blacklist me from every single club. I don't even have the money from my last shift. Frank let Donnie keep it cause I left early." I try to pull away from him but he backs me up, pinning me against the wall.

"He did what?" Deacon gazes down at me, his light blue eyes far too dangerous looking for his charming face.

"It wasn't the first time. It's his way to force me to work at those parties."

"How many?"

I shrug, "I dunno, like seven or eight maybe. That was my first time in a private room though."

"Jesus, Lena," he shakes his head. "You won't have to deal with that shit anymore. You'll stay here."

He backs away as if his word is final and that's the end of the conversation about it. I stand there, opening and closing my mouth a few times, before deciding that staying with five men who seem hellbent on protecting me is better than going back to Frank or living on the streets.

Deacon walks further into the bathroom, "the closet is through there," he says pointing at another door. "There's no clothes though, I'll get some brought over right away."

"Whose are these?" I ask, staring down at the extremely baggy sweatpants and the green t-shirt that hangs loosely over my body.

"Mine," he says, and I feel my face heat up.

I clear my throat, "Um, who patched me up? I'm usually left to lick my wounds and deal with the aftermath myself." I chuckle awkwardly, and Deacon closes his eyes as if trying to control himself.

"We had a doctor come look at you."

"Oh, well, thanks."

He turns around to start the shower, and I find myself mesmerized by the way his muscles ripple under his clothes. "You know, I've never seen you without a suit on before."

He looks back at me, a playful glint in his eyes, and I laugh. "Well, when you did have clothes on, it was always a suit."

He chuckles, looking me up and down, "and I've never seen you wearing so much clothes."