Chapter 12 - Deacon

The sound of bacon sizzling in a pan fills the kitchen and I pull some plates from the cupboard, scooping a decent amount of scrambled eggs onto one for Lena. Dorian and Nate sit at the island looking at CCTV footage on Nate's laptop; they're watching the recording from outside the antique shop we rescued Lena from last night. About fifteen minutes after we left, Frank's men sniped our guys that were waiting outside, which explains the radio silence. Frank himself showed up not long after, which surprised us; he hasn't been spotted on any cameras in weeks, but it seems Lena was the key to getting him out in the open.

I flip the bacon one last time and turn off the burner. Lena must be starving, I meant to get her something to eat earlier but she seemed eager to go down with the twins. I wonder if they fucked her after getting what they needed out of James. They've never brought a girl down there before, and I'm surprised they let her join them so easily. But they are both very obviously in love with her at this point and would probably let her run the show down there if she tried.

I'm not so sure about Dorian and Nate, but I know I'm also in love with her... I have been for a while now. I almost let the words slip out to her the other night at Diamonds when I was buried in her sweet pussy, but I bit my tongue, knowing it would scare her.

I hear Nate let out a quiet, "Holy fuck," and I turn around, following his gaze.

The fork slips from my fingers when I see her. Her face is smeared with bloody fingerprints, the pretty yellow dress Nate gave her is strained red in places, her still damp hair sticks to her flushed skin, and blood decorates her chest. Her eyes are bright and her lips form a dazzling smile.

"Holy fuck," I say, echoing Nate.

"Hi," she says breathlessly, her eyes finding mine.

"Hi babygirl," I smile at her, enjoying the way her face heats up under my gaze.

Lucas sits at the island, pulling Lena down with him, but Nate wraps an arm around her waist, tugging her onto his lap instead. "Did they fuck you, gorgeous?" He says, his deep voice in her ear causing her to shiver.

"Yes," she sighs out, staring up at him through her lashes. She looks so tiny compared to him, though she seems perfectly content in his arms.

I lay a plate of bacon and eggs in front of her and she smiles up at me, "thank you."

I bend forward to kiss her and she moans softly into my mouth. Nate trails his fingers up and down her arm causing goosebumps to dot her skin.

"You're welcome, babygirl," I say, sitting down next to her and Nate.

"What about me?" Lucas complains, narrowing his eyes at Lena's food.

"You can plate your own fucking food," I say and he huffs, getting up to grab a plate for him and his brother before sitting on Nate's other side. He places one hand on Lena's upper thigh and shovels forkfuls of food in his mouth with the other. Both of his hands are still covered in blood, but Lena doesn't seem to mind the mess he leaves on her skin.

"What did you find out?" Dorian asks, his eyes glued to the blood on Lena's chest.

"He took her to my old house," she replies. "It's north of the city, off highway fifteen."

Dorian nods, "I'll call the cleaning crew in to take care of James. We'll get a couple hours of sleep and then head out late this evening. We'll take two different teams with us... And I think you should stay here," he finally looks up at her face and she narrows her eyes at him.

"No," she says firmly. "I'm going."

I don't like the idea of her being there, but I'm not about to force her to stay here when her mom is in danger. "Let her come," I say. Then I stare at the twins, "but you two will stay glued to her the whole time."