40. Distances Grew

I tried so hard to cry in flight

I tried so hard to cry in flight.. And then i tried to plan what to say to the media but it seemed like something died inside of me… i couldn't think of anything, neither could i do anything.. I did not even sleep.. I stayed wide awake the whole time.. And when he landed, I didn't even remember what I was doing or thinking the whole time.. But I am sure it is not love sickness, neither is it anger.. Bcz i know I have felt it before.. When he lied to me, and when he left me.. And when I felt that he cheated on me.. But none of this felt like that.. It felt oddly calming.. It felt like my mind was completely at ease.. And i tried to think why am i not crying for the love of my life??? It is very natural for me to cry when he behaves like this.. But I didn't want to cry.. Bcz somehow it felt normal.. That I expected him to behave this way.. I knew that night while leaving the condo with kids, that he wasn't coming back to me.. To our room.. I knew even in the morning that he wasn't coming home to me.. Not anymore.. So it doesn’t hurt.. 

I somehow took the kids home… and left the nanny with them.. I called the agency and asked them to send another one.. To take care of hina… bcz i didn’t know when i could come back home.. And I didn't want my kids to suffer for something we did.. And so even if I can't be present, they should be alright.. 

I left for the office.. Asking meetings… and I did that.. We had meetings after meetings.. I asked my PR team and also the marketing team to work for my statement.. Bcz i couldn’t possibly do that.. That thing is out of my control.. And then again stocks going down.. We have to promote the business… and show some sign of growth so that it goes up again.. Also I needed to arrange a board of director’s meeting.. 

The board wasn’t happy with me.. I can say as much.. Bcz they thought I made a huge mistake by aligning myself with my father in law.. But no one can ever understand that i can’t not align myself with my father in law.. Bcz at the end of the day he is my family.. But then i can't accept that… bcz already the gossip is out bcz i am a woman i am weak and i had to accept my husband’s demand to support my father in law.. And I don't want the company’s face to seem weak bcz i am a weak “woman”... 

Chin hae sighed- so how do we get out of this mess???

Yn chuckled- by not being a woman.. I guess..

He understood the sarcasm in my voice and just smiled.. And what else can we do other than this…

Chin hae- when does it all happen???

Yn sighed- few days ago.. He has been doing this for a long time.. And didn’t tell me.. All the cheating and stuff is due to that..

Chin hae- what about his work???

Yn- i don’t know.. I have to talk to him.. If he wants me to do anything about that, then I have to.. Otherwise he will manage..

Chin hae nodded- so when is he coming back???

Yn- i don’t know.. 

The conversation was short.. He just stayed seated in the meeting room doing his work, and I did my work.. It felt good that he was there… not talking just supporting me.. Without saying anything.. I know my other friends will also want to support me.. But I don't want any of that right now.. Julie messaged me a few days ago, when I was in the US… asking me about the situation.. But if I called her she would give me advice and hope, and i don’t want that… I don't want to discuss this with anyone..