Part 22-The Writing on the Wall

(Noctis pov)
Ron:" Pudding might not be finished yet," he said hopefully, leading the way toward the steps to the entrance hall.
Noctis:" Knowing you, you might eat any that remains."
While walking towards the great hall, I heard that voice again.
". . . rip . . . tear . . . kill . . ."
It was the same voice that I heard when on my way to the common room.
I watched as Harry stumbled to a halt, clutching at the stone wall, listening with all his might, looking around, squinting up and down the dimly lit passageway.
Hermione:" Harry, what're you?"
Harry:" It's that voice again? shut up a minute!"
". . . soo hungry . . . for so long . . ."
Harry:" Listen!" he said urgently, and Ron and Hermione froze, watching him.
". . . kill . . . time to kill . . ."

The voice that Harry and I have been hearing was growing fainter. Almost like whatever it was began to move away.
Harry:" This way!" he shouted and ran up, and he began to run, up the stairs, into the entrance hall. It was no good hoping to hear anything here, the babble of talk from the Halloween feast was echoing out of the Great Hall. Harry sprinted up the marble staircase to the first floor. Me, Ron, and Hermione clattering behind him.
Ron:" Harry, what're we..."
Before Ron could ask what Harry was doing, Harry shushed him and continued to listen to the voice that only he and I could hear.
". . . I smell blood . . . I SMELL BLOOD!
Harry:" It's going to kill someone! shouted, he ran up the next flight of steps three at a time. We hurtled around the whole of the second floor, Ron and Hermione panting behind him, not stopping until they turned a corner into the last, deserted passage.

Ron:" Harry, what was that all about? I couldn't hear anything . . ."
Hermione:" Look!" she gave a sudden gasp, pointing down the corridor.
Something was shining on the wall ahead. We approached slowly, squinting through the darkness. Foot-high words had been daubed on the wall between two windows, shimmering in the light cast by the flaming torches.

 Foot-high words had been daubed on the wall between two windows, shimmering in the light cast by the flaming torches

Hermione:" It's written in blood!"
Noctis:" Who's blood is it that the question?"
Ron:" What's that thing...hanging underneath?" he said with a slight quiver in his voice.
As we edged nearer, Harry almost slipped, there was a large puddle of water on the floor. I caught him, and we inched toward the message, eyes fixed on a dark shadow beneath it. All three of them realized what it was at once, and leaped backward with a splash.

 All three of them realized what it was at once, and leaped backward with a splash