Part 11-Teaching Advanced Spells

(Noctis pov)
To say I was glad to decline the offer to see this supposed mirror was a good call, cause it was clearly nothing but trouble. Harry told us he was having nightmares about his parents disappearing in a flash of green light, while a high voice cackled with laughter.
Ron:" You see, Dumbledore was right, that mirror could drive you mad."
Hermione, who came back the day before term started, took a different view of things. She was torn between horror at the idea of Harry being out of bed, roaming the school three nights in a row, and disappointment that he hadn't at least found out who Nicolas Flamel was. They had almost given up hope of ever finding Famel in a library book, even though Harry admitted that he sure read the name somewhere. Once the term, started they were back to skimming through books for ten minutes during their breaks. Harry had even less time than the other two because Quidditch practice had started again.

We were in the common room, where Ron and Hermione were playing chess, and I was reading Grindelwald's journal but I transfigured the cover image to hide the symbol since it would be recognized

We were in the common room, where Ron and Hermione were playing chess, and I was reading Grindelwald's journal but I transfigured the cover image to hide the symbol since it would be recognized. I looked through the journal, examining the written knowledge of spells and jinxes that Grindelwald wrote or created.

Protego Diabolica
-A powerful dark charm that allows anyone who casts it to create a protective ring of fire around them that completely incinerates enemies of the caster who came into physical contact with it while leaving their allies unharmed.
Fiendfyre
-A curse that produces enchanted flames so powerful that anyone or anything will be destroyed instantly in its path. The curse flames are also capable of taking on different forms per the caster's design. However, performing the spell requires extreme skill and intense concentration to control as it is capable of turning against the caster.
Tempest
-A jinx that allows one to cause bolts of lightning to strike from a cloudy sky at the target or to channel it into a whip-like attack from the wand.
I was fascinated and a little mindful of the spells I was reading, some of these were dangerous and could lead to disaster if misused, not to mention that I could get into a lot of trouble if caught using these spells. But that simple thought was what made it so interesting.

While reading the instructions I overheard the other's conversation.
Ron:" What's the matter with you? You look terrible."
Speaking quietly so that no one else would hear, Harry told us about Snape's sudden, sinister desire to be a Quidditch referee.
Hermione:" Don't."
Ron:" Say you'll ill."
Hermione:" Pretend to break your leg,"
Ron:" Really break your leg."
Harry:" I can't. There isn't a reserve seeker. If I back out, Gryffindor can't play at all."
At that moment Neville came toppled into the common room. How he had managed to climb through the portrait hole was anyone's guess, because his legs had been stuck together with what they recognized at once as the Leg-Locker Curse. He must've bunny-hopped the way up to Gryffindor Tower.
Everyone fell over laughing except for me and Hermione, she already performed the countercurse. Neville's legs sprang apart and he got to his feet, trembling. "What happened?" Hermione asked him, leading him over to sit with Harry and Ron.
Neville:" Malfroy, I met him outside the library. He said he's been looking for someone to practice that on."
Hermione:" Go to Professor McGonagall! Report him!"
Neville shook his head" I don't want any more trouble," he mumbled.
Ron:" You've got to stand up to him, Neville! He used to walking all over people, but that's no reason to lie down in front of him and make it easier."
Neville:" There's no need to tell me I'm not brave enough to be in Gryffindor, Malfoy's already done that,"
I closed the book, went up to Neville, and told him" Listen, you were sorted into Gryffindor because the sorting hat saw something within you, bravery exists in you, you'll just have to discover it yourself" I told him as I left the room and headed to bed.

For the past month, I've been focused on mastering the spell Protego Diabolica, a spell-like that could come in handy. I also heard about the quidditch match but didn't pay any attention to it as I was on my way back to the undercroft when the trio arrived in front of me. They explain that they discovered who Nicolas Flamel was, and how they suspected that the three-headed dog was guarding the Philosopher's Stone, a legendary substance with astonishing powers. The stone will transform any metal into pure gold. It also produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal. I already knew about Nicolas Flamel and Philosopher's Stone when Hagrid accidentally mentioned his name back at the hut. Harry also explained that he overheard a conversation between Snape and Quirrell, after the match in the forest. Snape was interrogating Quirrell about how to get back past Fluffy. They think that Snape is trying to steal the stone, but I know differently from them. Quirrell might be trying to make his move on stealing stone. Before I could think more about it, Harry asked me a question.

Harry:" Noctis, can you teach us those spells you used when fighting the troll."
Noctis:" ....Why?" I asked suspiciously.
Harry:" Cause there's a chance that Snape could steal the stone, and we want to be prepared to stop him."
Noctis:" You do realize that what you just said sounds completely stupid right? Snape is not only a teacher, but has lots of combat experiences long before any of us were born, and you wanna try and stop him!" I explained to them hoping that they listen to reason. But I have a very strong feeling that they won't listen.
Noctis:" Fine, but I'm no expert, just saying."
I told them to follow me, as I showed them the entrance to the undercroft.
The three of them were amazed by this secret room that no one knew about, so after getting everything settled, I asked what spell they wished to learn.
Ron wanted to learn the spell that severed the troll's arm, meaning he wanted to learn Diffindo. Hermione suggested learning the stunning spell, which was Stupefy, and Harry wanted to learn the spell that made the troll's club fly out of his hand. The disarming spell, Expelliarmus.

So I began to show them how to perform the spells. Over the following weeks, I've been showing them how to properly conjure the spells, without injuring themselves. While teaching them, Harry asked me a question.
Harry:" Hey, Noctis, I've been wondering, how exactly did you know about the troll in the dungeon, you weren't in the great hall when it was announced?"
Hermione:" You know I've been wondering about that too?"
Noctis:" You wouldn't believe me if I told you."
Ron:" Try us, tough guy."
Noctis:" Alright then, the reason I knew about the troll being in the dungeon was because I saw it before entering the great hall."
Ron:" You saw it? What does that mean?"
Noctis:" I'm a Seer."
Ron and Hermoine had astonishing expressions on their faces, while Harry's was confused.
Ron:" A seer! Like an actual seer!!"
Harry:(Confused)" What's a seer?"
Hermoine:" A seer is a witch or wizard born with the rare ability to predict or see the future."
Ron:" They're incredibly rare as not all witches and wizards are born as seers."
Soon they all began to ask me a lot of questions about my seer abilities. I told them that I wasn't an expert on the subject as the power activated at random sometimes.

They also asked if there were any other rare abilities that I have, I told them that I was born with three, and Seer was one of the three, the second was Legilimens. An ability that allows me to read someone's mind and feelings without them even realizing it. When I told them, they had an offensive look on their faces, and they directly asked if I was reading their mind constantly without their knowledge or consent. I instantly explained that I wasn't doing it on purpose or with any malicious intent. Because I was born with the ability it's essentially second nature to me like breathing, I've also explained that because I can read or feel people's thoughts I had to limit myself around others or all their thoughts would overload my mind to the point of having a headache that would land me into the hospital wing. After hearing my explanation they apologized saying that they judged too quickly without hearing me out first I accepted their apology, as I would have done the same if I found out someone was reading my mind without my consent. Ron wanted to know the last ability since I mentioned being born with three magical powers, I told him that the third ability was something personal that I rather not talk about just yet, and the trio understood and decided not to press the matter further and focused on continuing to practice spells.

Over the following days, the trio and I used the undercroft to either practice advanced spells or just hang out when there was nothing to do. However, one day we entered the undercroft to see Ron's twin brothers, Fred and George in the room. The twins explained that they saw us leaving the great hall more frequently and decided to investigate and find this room. They said that our secret was safe but they wanted in on the whole secret spell-casting club. I was hesitant at first but the Twins have been good friends and like older brothers to me, so I agreed. I showed how to perform the spell I used on the troll, Glacius the freezing spell. However, I have an odd feeling that this is going to be a recurring thing now every time we enter this place.