Part 9-The Legacy of a Cursed Bloodline

(Noctis pov)
Ever since the incident at the quidditch match, I've been keeping my eye on Quirrell to make sure he wasn't trying anything else to threaten Harry's life. I never told Ron, Harry, and Hermione about Quirrell's attempted murder as they wouldn't believe me without proof, so I decided to find some evidence by breaking into his office. I sent a letter to my aunt explaining that I would be staying at Hogwarts for Christmas, and she replied saying to take care of myself. So after waiting for him to leave the room, I began to make my move, I used Alohomora to unlock his office and started to search for any clues about his plans. I had Cyrus hiding somewhere to warn me if Quirrell or someone else came by.

After hours of searching Quirrell's office, I found a torn page, so I decided to read the page and found
something very ominous, it talks about an extinct family called the Gaunts. If I remember correctly the Gaunt family was part of the Sacred 28, a large group of families that were all pure-blood that didn't associate with anything to do with muggles or had any blood relation. The gaunts became so extreme with their whole pure-blood mentality that they started to marry their own cousins, just like the black family did to keep their bloodline pure.

The History of the House of Gaunt
The House of Gaunt was a pure-blood family that was part of the Sacred 28 and were direct descendants of Salazar Slytherin, one of the four founders of the school known as Hogwarts. The Gaunt family was once a prominent, and wealthy family in the wizarding world, and originated, whether in Great Britain or Ireland, from many powerfully magical wizards and witches.
It talked about how in the early 20th century, the family was reduced to deprivation, due to them squandering their wealth over several generations. It also mentioned that the family died out due to inbreeding, which led to their own downfall. I read more but didn't find anything important and just before leaving the room, there were a bunch of names written down at the bottom of the page and also some information about them, my father's name was also written down, right above where my name was written. But his real name was replaced with the name that he goes by.

Members of House Gaunt
Gormlaith Gaunt
-Responsible for the death of her sister Rionach and husband William Sayre for helping Muggles.
-kidnapped her niece Isolt Sayre
-Killed in 1634 by Isolt and her family when attacking the school of Ilvermorny.

Rionach Sayre-disowned
-Was disowned by the family for not following their pure-blood beliefs and quietly helping Muggles.
-Was killed by her estranged sister in 1608.

Corvinus Gaunt
-Study at Hogwarts
-Sorted into Slytherin

Noctua Gaunt
-Study at Hogwarts
-Die in 1890 while trying to discover Salazar Sanctum.

Ominis Gaunt-disowned
-Study at Hogwarts
-Sorted into Slytherin
-Severed all ties with the Gaunt Family
-One of the students who Unveiled Salazar Slytherin Sanctum and Uncovered the truth about Noctua Gaunt's disappearance.

Marvolo Gaunt
-Was arrested for assaulting Ministry personnel.
-Was sentenced to Azkaban for six months and died shortly after being released.

Morfin Gaunt
-Used magic against a muggle, resisted, and attacked ministry personnel.
-Sentenced to Azkaban for three years and was released.
-Was imprisoned again and died after admitting to killing the same Muggle and his family he attacked many years ago.

Merope Gaunt-disowned
-Daughter to Marvolo Gaunt
-Sister to Morfin Gaunt
-Disowned after marrying a muggle

Voldemort
-Leader and founder of the pure-blood supremacist group known as the Death Eaters.
-Started the First Wizarding War.
-Killed, tortured, and performed horrendous spells and experiments on countless innocent Muggles, wizards, and witches.
-Nearly destroyed the British wizarding world
-Was believed to be defeated on October 31, 1981

Noctis Black
-The second member of the Black family to be Sorted into Gryffindor next to Sirius Black.
-Heir of the Ancient and Noble House of Black.
-Last descendant and heir of Salazar Slytherin.
-Possibly inherited Parseltongue language (unconfirmed)
-Managed to take down a mountain troll by himself.
-Prophesies to bring destruction to the Wizarding and Muggle world.

Ok, this has really started to become creepy, what is going on in this guy's head? I looked more into his desk and found a journal with a large weird symbol on the first cover.

I turned to the back of the book and saw a name that read" Property of Gellert Grindelwald" I was awestruck at the discovery, Gellert Grindelwald was the most powerful wizard before my father's time, he almost conquered all of Europe, caused a lot...

I turned to the back of the book and saw a name that read" Property of Gellert Grindelwald" I was awestruck at the discovery, Gellert Grindelwald was the most powerful wizard before my father's time, he almost conquered all of Europe, caused a lot of chaos in the USA back in 1926, and was nearly the newly elected Supreme Mugwump, and dueled Professor Dumbledore who was considered to be his rival and from the stories I've read the duel was said to be legendary and was still talked about to this day. If I remember correctly he is currently locked up in his own fortress he built, Nurmengard was its name. How the hell did Quirrell get a hold of Grindelwald's journal? I looked through the pages and saw a photo of two people.

I figured that the one on the right must be Grindelwald, but the other on the left is what really surprised me as the name was written down under the photo

I figured that the one on the right must be Grindelwald, but the other on the left is what really surprised me as the name was written down under the photo. It said" Albus Dumbledore and Gellert Grindelwald" It was Professor Dumbledore when he was a teen. So I guess they knew each other in their youth. I placed the journal back on the desk and continued looking through the desk until I found something odd about unicorns, but more specifically their blood. Before I could find more, Cyrus made a loud hiss informing me that someone was coming, I quickly took the journal exited the room, and thought about what I'd just read. Why is Quirrell so interested in a dead family? And unicorn blood, there were so many questions but no answers to those questions.