Part 3-The Sorting Hat Ceremony

(Noctis pov)
After exiting the boat, we made our way to the first door of the castle, where Hagrid knocked on the door three times. The doors opened to reveal Professor McGonagall.
Hagrid:" The firs' years, Professor McGonagall,"
McGonagall:" Thank you, Hagrid. I will take it from here." she pulled the doors wide and began to lead us to the great hall, where the sorting ceremony would take place. I looked around at the incredible sight I was seeing while inside the castle. The stone walls were massive and had countless paintings that were moving just like my ancestor Phineas Nigellus Black in 12 Grimmauld Place. The stone staircases moved to the other side to connect with other landings.

We followed Professor McGonagall across the flagged stone floor, we also heard more people meaning the rest of the school was already here

We followed Professor McGonagall across the flagged stone floor, we also heard more people meaning the rest of the school was already here. We were shown into a small, empty chamber off the hall.
McGonagall:" Welcome to Hogwarts, the start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seat in the Great Hall, you'll be sorted into your houses." she began to explain how the sorting hat ceremony is very important because once we're sorted into one of the four houses, we're basically like a family in Hogwarts.

McGonagall:" The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Each of the houses has its own history and has each produced outstanding witches and wizards. While at Hogwarts your triumphs will earn you house points, but any rulebreaking will lose you house points. And by the end of the year, the house with the most is awarded the house cup. Which is considered a great honor, now then, the sorting will begin in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. So I suggest you all smarten yourselves while you wait and I shall return when we are ready for you, please wait quietly" she said to all of us as she left the chamber.

After she left some of the students began having conversations with each other while others were trying not to be nervous about the whole sorting hat ceremony. After some confrontations with some ghosts who were arguing about which house was better for us to be sorted, Professor McGonagall back and told form a line. The door opened to reveal the great hall.

I was completely in awe at what I was witnessing

I was completely in awe at what I was witnessing. There were thousands of floating candies hovering over four long tables that had the rest of the students sitting. The tables had golden plates and goblets spread out for each person, and in the front of the hall was another table where the teachers were also sitting. We stood in front of a four-legged stool with a brown hat sitting on the chair that started to sing.
"Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.
You can keep your bowlers, back
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.
There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.
You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindor apart;
You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
These patient Hufflepuff are true
And unafraid of toil;
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw, if you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;
Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folk use any means
To achieve their ends.
So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands(though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!"
After the hat was done singing, the great hall burst into applause. The hat bowed to each of the four tables and became silent.
Professor McGonagall took out a parchment and said" When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted" She said as the first name was called" Hannah, Abbott!"