Part 5-A Duel at Midnight

(Noctis)
I was in the common room reading a book about advanced spellcraft when suddenly everyone began to groan when they were huddled at the noticeboard. I walked over to see what they were complaining about until I read the notice, it said that flying lessons would be starting on Thursday and that both Gryffindor and Slytherin would be learning together. Yep, that explains everyone's behavior as both houses hated each other like cats and dogs. I was on the field with the others when the teacher Madam Hooch arrived.

(Rolanda Hooch)Hooch:" Well, what are you all waiting for? Everyone stands by a broomstick

(Rolanda Hooch)
Hooch:" Well, what are you all waiting for? Everyone stands by a broomstick. Come on, hurry up" she barked at all of us.

Hooch:" Stick out your right hand over your broom and say Up!"Up!" everyone shouted

Up!" everyone shouted.
My broom jumped onto my hand just like Harry's broom did to him and a few others. Hermione broom had simply rolled over the ground, and Neville's hadn't moved at all. Perhaps the brooms are like horses, they can probably tell when you are afraid. Madam Hooch began to show us how to mount our brooms without sliding off the end, and walked up and down the rows correcting their grips. I saw the delighted looks on Harry and Ron's faces when she told Malfoy he'd been doing it wrong for years.

Hooch:" Now, when I blow my whistle, you kick off from the ground, hard. Keep your broom steady, rise a few feet, and then come straight back down by leaning forward slightly. On my whistle -- three -- two--"
But Neville, who was nervous, jumpy, and frightened of being left on the ground, pushed off hard before Madam Hooch could blow the whistle.
Hooch:" Come back, boy!" she shouted, but Neville was rising straight up like a cork shot of a bottle -- twelve feet -- twenty feet. I saw his scared white face looking down at the ground falling away, seeing him gasp, slip sideways off the broom, and -- WHAM -- a thud and a nasty crack noise could be heard as Neville lay facedown on the grass in a heap. His broomstick was still rising higher and higher and started to drift lazily toward the forbidden forest and out of sight. Madam Hooch bends over to Neville, her face as white as his.

I heard her mention a broken wrist to Neville, after helping him up. She turned to the rest of the class and said" None of you are to move while I take this boy to the hospital wing! You'll leave your brooms where they are or you'll be out of Hogwarts before any of you can say Quidditch!" Neville, whose face was tear-streaked, was clutching his wrist, and hobbled off with Madam Hooch, who had her arm around him.
Then no sooner they were out of earshot than Malfoy burst into laughter.
Draco:" Did you see his face, the great lump?"
The other Slytherins joined in as well.
Parvati:" Shut up, Malfroy,"
Pansy:" Ooh, sticking up for Longbottom? Never thought you'd like fat little crybabies, Parvati."
I saw how the two girls were about to fight each other so I immediately stepped in and stopped them.
Noctis:" That's enough, you shouldn't speak ill about a schoolmate who is injured."
I stood in front of them to make sure they didn't start a fight. I saw some of the Slytherins and Gryffindors grab their wands only for a Slytherin girl
to get everyone's attention.
???" Are you all seriously gonna start a fight here?!" said a Slytherin girl.
And just before things could escalate further, suddenly I heard Harry yelling at Malfory who leaped into his broom and he did the same. We all watched as both of them were in the air. I heard Malfory shout" Catch it if you can, then!" he proceeded to throw some sort of glass ball high into the air and streaked back toward the ground. Harry who had never been on a broom before showed remarkable skill when he caught the glass ball. He landed back on the ground and suddenly Professor McGonagall who witnessed the whole thing told him to follow her.