Ch 65 - Obsessive

"So... how do we prove it? That it's Malfoy?" Harry asked darkly.

"There is a way..." Hermione said.

"We'd be breaking roughly fifty school rules," Lucifer said even quieter than usual, and she noticed him glancing over at Emperor Palpatine.

That's who Percy reminded Hermione
of at least, from the movies she'd seen.

"And it's difficult and dangerous... very dangerous..." Hermione continued off his words.

"If, in a month or so, you both feel like explaining, you will let us know, won't you?" Ron asked irritably.

Hermione glared at him, "All right," she said coldly, glaring at him, "What we'd need to do is get inside the Slytherin Common room and ask Malfoy a few questions without him realizing it's us.”

"But that's impossible," Harry said as Ron laughed.

"Honestly... Do you both even pay attention to Snape?" Lucifer asked them.

They didn't get to answer, as Hermione spoke up, "It's not impossible. All we'd need would be some Polyjuice Potion."

"What's that," the other two asked at the same time.

Hermione pinched the bridge of her nose and shook her head, “Professor Snape said it a few weeks ago in class..."

"D'you think we've got nothing better to do in Potions than listen to Snape?" Ron muttered.

"I swear, how did you even pass....”

“You too Harry, if it wasn't for Lucifer and I, you would still be in First Year!” Hermione was getting fed up with them, very agitated.

Lucifer placed a hand on her shoulder, and her breathing became lighter because of it.

Hermione smiled at him, while thinking the opposite could also be great.

Then, she looked back, "It transforms you into somebody else. Think about it! We could change into four of the Slytherins. No one would know it was us. Malfoy would probably tell us anything. He's probably boasting about it in the Slytherin Common as we speak, if only we could hear him."

"This Polyjuice stuff sounds a bit dodgy to me," Ron said, frowning and looking concerned, "What if we were stuck looking like four of the Slytherins forever?"

"It wears off after a while," Hermione said, waving her hand impatiently, "But getting hold of the recipe will be very difficult. Snape said it was in a book called Moste Potente Potions and it's bound to be in the Restricted Section of the Library."

“It won't be a problem th-”

“No, you won't take the risk of stealing a book again!”

“Look, Hermione I promise, about not getting caug-”

“....I won't budge on this matter. Did you not remember what happened last year, when I was caught by Filch?!” Hermione had several nightmares for days.

Of course, she won't allow Lucifer to risk his place at Hogwarts because of this.

“...Fine, but you know... I actually saw that book back in Diagon Alley, in the far corner of Flourish and Blotts... had I known we'd need it, I'd have bought it," Lucifer said with a heavy sigh.

"It's alright, you didn't know," Hermione smiled at him, not because he didn't have the book.

Actually listening to her advice for once.

There was now only one way to get a book from the Restricted Section for non-Prefect students: You needed a signed note of permission from a teacher.

"Hard to see why we'd want the book, really," Ron said, "if we weren't going to try and make one of the potions."