Chapter 12

The following morning, just before Hermione left to board the train, she was talking with Lucifer in the Great Hall, "Are you really going to stay?"

"Yeah, there's no response from Mazikeen yet, it only means she's probably gone back...." Lucifer was trying to explain, Hermione for the umpteenth time, why he's not boarding the train with her, like they agreed earlier.

"Then, you will pick up the slack on searching for Flamel, won't you?" It's just Hermione was still quite upset, regarding this sudden change of plans, so she decided to throw most of the work on Lucifer's head.

"....Of course, Hermione, you can count on me," he just smiled at her in return, which made the bushy-haired feel very suspicious about his motives, but still, she decided to embrace him in kind, "I know, I can count on you.

After that, Hermione pulled back and kissed his cheek lightly, then whispered, with eyes slightly in a daze, "Happy Christmas, Lucifer."

"....You have a Merry Christmas as well, Hermione," Lucifer was quite used to this behaviour at this point, and just walked her to the entrance of the Castle, watching her head out of the building and down to the train.

Then, he turned and went back to finish his breakfast, before going back to the Library to do some light reading.

While he was reading through a book Lucifer was sure, he would find this Flamel guy eventually, so he began to wonder, if Hermione would like the gift, that he asked for Maze to procure, besides he already missed her birthday.

Lucifer clearly remembered their talk before sleeping one night.

____________

"My birthday is on Sep 19, what about yours?" It was Hermione, the one who started talking, but to be honest, she just wanted to know, Lucifer's birthday.

".... Birthday? Sorry, but I don't remember that, it's been eons since I was born.." Lucifer was also quite stunned by this question, because he really didn't know this answer.

"....." Hermione, just didn't know what to say anymore, "... It's okay, if you don't wan-"

"I'm not lying, Granger...."

'This again' Even though, Lucifer mentioned about forgetting his own birthday, and that face, it didn't look like he was lying either, but, it's just Hermione couldn't understand. 'I know he likes to overstate, and talks about bizarre things....but eons? Yeah, right....' "Okay"

______________

Lucifer didn't just waste his time studying after receiving that admission letter from Hogwarts, but directly investigated those two routes.

Especially this, Knockturn alley....

There are many weird, but awesome stuff, that you can buy, after paying quite a beautiful price, of course.

And, there's one thing, at which Lucifer's eyes are fixed upon, that Two-way Mirror, which can be directly used to solve the problem of long-distance communicating.

Besides, Maze hasn't sent another letter yet, that can only mean, she's busy doing her job.

So, Lucifer decided to go, and check up to the Owlery later, but for now, he went back down to the Common Room.