Ch 60 - His Warmth

Professor Snape snarled his nose, "Then if I may speak about something else... the four of them may have simply been in the wrong place at the wrong time..." he said, his sneer curling around his face, doubting the very words he just spoke, "but we do have a set of suspicious circumstances here. Why were they in the Upstairs Corridor at all? Why were they not at the Halloween Feast?"

All but Lucifer launched into an explanation about the Death Day party, “- there were hundreds of Ghosts, who'll tell you we were there-"

It was now, Hermione's turn to defend, she slipped her hand into Lucifer's in an attempt to gain some courage.

Or maybe, slightly because she wanted to, because his soft skin against hers felt great and she craved more.

Ever since the 'Talk' with Professor McGonagall, Hermione's having even more naughty dreams about Lucifer, and her in a new light, and that light just kept getting bigger and brighter.

She pulled him back into her and held his hand tightly.

Hermione hadn't even realised her hand was in his, it just felt natural.

"But why not join the feast afterwards?" His black eyes glittering in the candlelight, "Why go up to that corridor?"

"Because -because-" Harry seemed to be having trouble finding an excuse, “We were really tired and just wanted to go to bed!”

"Without any supper?" Snape asked, a triumphant flicker of a smile on his face, "I didn't think Ghosts provided food for the living at their parties."

"We weren't hungry," Ron said loudly as his stomach growled just as loud.

Everyone facepalmed.

But it did cause Snape's nasty smile to widen sickeningly, "I suggest, Headmaster, that they aren't being entirely truthful. It might be a good idea if Potter was deprived of certain... privileges until he is ready to tell us the whole story. I personally feel he should be taken off of the Gryffindor Quidditch Team until he is ready to be honest."

"And how would that benefit you, Severus?" McGonagall asked him, "Potter is not the only Seeker Gryffindor has now. Taking him away would only put Morningstar in the action. So really, what would that prove? Besides, there is no evidence that Potter has done anything wrong at all."

Dumbledore eyed Harry, like he was looking right into his soul, "Innocent until proven guilty, Severus.”

Snape snarled angrily, looking furious.

Filch looked equally so, "My Cat has been petrified!" He shrieked, "I want to see some punishment!"

"We will be able to cure her, Argus," Dumbledore said, having extreme patience with Filch, "Professor Sprout recently managed to procure a sizable amount of Mandrakes, and once they have fully matured, she will be able to make a Potion for Mrs. Norris that will revive her."