Chapter 35

But soon, her motherly nature returned when it came to yelling at the twins, "Not one step down Knockturn Alley!"

Harry, Ron, Lucifer, and Hermione strolled off along the winding, cobbled street. 

They went to Florean Fortescue's, where Lucifer offered to buy them all ice-cream, but Harry was insistent on buying it for them. 

He relented, just about to find an empty spot, when Hermione pulled on his arm forcibly towards one, "Come on, we can both eat there!" she yelled, eyeing the table for only 2. 

"××××" Harry, who paid the bill, four large strawberry and peanut-butter ice creams, which Ron slurped quite happily...just his portion, of course.

But, after the ice-cream was all gone, he directly launched several complaints to Harry, "Why didn't Lucifer, tell us he was bloody rich?!"

Harry raised his eyebrows in question, and said, "...Well, you are not friends, right?" he said, taking a bite out of a small peanut-butter chunk in his ice-cream.

"But, it still would've been nice to know," Ron said, his tone hinting towards betrayal.

"So, you're just saying I should've known about your family's wealth status? Like, they were just scraping the bottom of the barrel?!" Harry outright demanded from Ron, knowing he is also in quite a similar position to Lucifer. 

Said ginger's ears had turned red, while his face became paled, "N-No, of course not..."

"Ron, I was friends with you before I knew, and I'm still going to be friends with you, even after this," Harry said in a much calmer tone, while giving this child some future life-guidance.

Ron nodded, while not understanding a single thing, they are obviously bloody rich.....so he just ate his leftover before taking a stroll around Diagon Alley.

Meanwhile...

"They're very strange," said Hermione, not long after they'd become accustomed to eating Harry's ice-creams. 

"They definitely seem realistic, but his talks about himself always seem so enlarged!"

"The people he speaks to are so lifelike, but then he talks about himself and says that his magnificent smile can power up those spells!"

"Also noticed, how he doesn't describe what the spell is?" Lucifer just recited one of Hermione's previous complaints, he didn't even read a single book of Lockhart, but already left a headache.

"Talked about using it many times before, but skips what the incantation or spell actually is..."

"Yeah, I just hope, Lockhart isn't our Defense teacher!" said Hermione, crossing her two little fingers, under the table, while using the other to slurp. 

"I don't have much hope...."

"....." Hermione, is now also having a bad feeling, her woman's intuition is just going wild, "To be honest, if he even did teach us one spell at Hogwarts....he'll be a step ahead of Quirrell."

"If Lockhart doesn't try to kill you, he'll be many steps ahead of Quirrell," Lucifer retorted, while knowing how this Professor had let the Troll escape.