Chapter 10

Hermione's dislike towards Ron sky-rocketed after the Halloween night. But she still had hope for Harry, that he will come around eventually.

As the first week of November proceeded, it turned much colder than what Hermione was used to. But it didn't have any effect on Lucifer, as he is already used to the temperature much lower than this. 

The mountains became an icy gray and the lake was like chilled steel. This Saturday was the first Quidditch Match of the Season and it was Gryffindor v Slytherin. Even though he wasn't on the team, Lucifer was largely excited to watch and see a game in person. 

He'd seen Wizarding Photos that showed off the game, but it was barely an experience worth mentioning.

Oliver Wood, Gryffindor Keeper, didn't let anyone see Harry practice, because he wanted to keep Harry as their Secret Weapon, a Secret. It somehow got leaked out and Ron started envying Harry secretly , with people constantly, constantly telling him he'd either do brilliantly, or they'd be below him to catch him with a mattress when he fell.

Lucifer saw Hermione lend him her copy of Quidditch Through the Ages, which he didn't remember her owning, but he didn't figure it mattered. 

He also noticed that Hermione would help Harry with his homework. 

Harry, he understood, because now that he had Quidditch to deal with, his homework would've been at risk of not getting done, only Hermione ignored Ron like he didn't even exist. 

This boy, wasn't on the Quidditch team and had nothing else majorly important to be doing, so Lucifer came to realize that he was just lazy, plain and simple. 

Ron Weasley was a Pure-Blood, he knew that, so he wondered if all Pure-Bloods were like this, thinking that because they grew up with magic all their life that they would have an easy time, or if this boy was just a special case.

On the day before the Quidditch Match, the four of them were outside in the freezing cold, for whatever reason, during a break period, huddled up, reluctantly in Lucifer's case, to a blue flame in a jam jar that Hermione had conjured up. 

They weren't sure if it was okay with the Hogwarts staff, so they were huddled around the fire, blocking it from view. Good thing they were, because Professor Snape saw them and limped over towards them, "What's that you've got there, Potter?"

"Quidditch Through the Ages, sir," Harry responded, showing the cover to the book.

"Library Books are not to be taken out of the school, give it to me," Snape held his hand out.

Harry was about to hand it over, but Lucifer spoke up, "That's not a rule, is it Professor?" he asked, in a polite tone, but his smile wasn't fooling Hermione at all. 

Snape glared at him, "And how would you know that, Morningstar?"

"I've seen the entire list of school rules, and that's not one of them," he said, with a smirk.

"Fine, then " he sneered and walked away.

"What a jerk he is," Ron said, shivering from the cold. The Blue Fire wasn't that helpful, but it was better than nothing, "Why do you suppose he's limping?"

Before he replied, Lucifer cast warming charms on Hermione, Harry and himself, ignoring Ron's protest about discrimination.

"I dunno," Harry muttered, "but I hope it's really hurting him."