Chapter 13: Hunting

Chapter 13: Hunting

Brielle's POV

*One Week Later*

"I'm going to miss you so much!" I said, hugging Andy as we stood in the airport after he checked his bag.

"I know, I hate that our LA date is in two months." He said, hugging me tightly.

"Getting used to you touring is so hard!" I said as we pulled apart.

"I know, I know." He said, gripping my face and kissing me. We shared a long, deep kiss, not caring who was around. We broke the kiss and gazed into each other's eyes.

"I love you." I said with a soft smile.

"I love you too." He said, his eyes scanning every inch of my face as he smiled at me. "Unfortunately, I need to get through security now before I miss my flight." He chuckled.

"I know." I sighed, giving him one last kiss. "I love you Andy."

"I love you too Brielle." He said, giving my hands a squeeze before forcing his legs to move towards security.

*One Month Later*

Sienna and I have been touring apartments every weekend. We've found plenty of beautiful 2 bedroom apartments in our price range, but almost no one bedroom apartments that didn't look shady and made me fear for Sienna's safety. I was starting to get nervous, because the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to live with Andy. I can't just abandon Sienna though.

"This is hopeless." I sighed as we pulled up to another shady apartment complex.

"If you want to live with Andy, don't let me hold you back! I'll figure something out, even if it means moving back to Ohio." She said quietly.

"Sienna, no! You can't leave! I need you out here!"

"Brielle, LA is too expensive to live somewhere by yourself." She said, shaking her head.

"No, we will find somewhere nice for you to live that is in your budget." I said. "Let's take a break for today and go look at more places tomorrow." 

"Fine, let's get dinner." She said, putting the car into drive and pulling away. We ate dinner and then went home and retreated to our rooms. I opened my laptop and started searching the internet high and low for one bedroom apartments in Sienna's budget that wasn't in the worst parts of town. The last thing I remember was clicking on yet another apartment website as the morning sun streamed into my window.

***

"Brielle!" Sienna called, shaking me.

"Huh." I said, jumping up and looking around. "What time is it?" I asked, running a hand through my hair.

"Noon." Sienna giggled. "How much sleep did you get?"

"Not sure, I was looking at apartments." I said, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"Oh Brielle." She sighed, placing her hand on my shoulder. 

"I'm determined to find you a place out here. I-I can't lose you. I can't let you move across the country. I need you!"

"You have Andy!"

"I can't talk about Andy to Andy! If this thing with Andy is really for real, I'm going to need my best friend by my side through every big life change that might be coming around the corner."

"I love you Bri." She smiled, hugging me.

"Love you too Si." I said, hugging her back.

"Did you find anything?" She asked as we broke the hug.

"Uhm, yeah." I said, picking up the piece of paper I was writing on last night. "I found a few options that I feel are worth looking at." I said, showing them to her.

"Well, let's get looking." She said.

"Can I eat first?" I asked, making Sienna laugh.

"Of course." She said as we walked out of my room. We got lunch and then went to go check out the first place. The area wasn't bad, but the units were run-down and outdated. The second place was in such a rough area, we didn't feel safe getting out of the car. The third place was in a nice area.

"Are you sure this is the right price?" She asked as we got out of the car.

"That's what I found online." I shrugged. We walked into the leasing office to be greeted by a cheery woman.

"Hello, how can I help you?"

"Hi, I'm interested in a tour of one of your one bedroom units." Sienna said.

"Alright, I'll just need to take a copy of your ID and then we can get going." She said. Sienna handed over her license and we waited while the woman took it to the copier and scanned it. She grabbed a set of keys and then handed Sienna her license. We walked out of the leasing office and to the first building. We walked up to a door and the woman opened it. 

"This is our standard one-bedroom unit. It has a kitchen, living area, bedroom with an on-suite bathroom, and even a balcony." She said happily. Sienna and I walked around, looking at the different things the apartment had to offer.

"How much would this go for?" Sienna asked. The woman gave the price and Sienna smiled at me. "How do I apply?" 

*****************************************************************************

Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought!