Chapter 12: Change

Chapter 12: Change

Brielle's POV

*One Month Later*

"Sienna, did you see the email from the complex?" I asked, walking into her bedroom.

"No."

"We won't be able to renew our lease. They're renovating our unit, we have 3 months to find a new place."

"Ugh!" Sienna groaned, throwing her head back.

*One Week Later*

I was laying on the couch with Andy at his house. He was sitting up and my head was in his lap. He was stroking my hair as we watched a movie. The movie ended and he cleared his throat, causing me to look at him.

"What's up?" I asked.

"We leave for tour next week."

"Next week!" I exclaimed, sitting up.

"I know, I'm sorry. I was worried about telling you."

"Why? You've been on tour before while we've been dating!"

"I know, it just always puts such a strain on my relationships and I-I don't want anything to mess this up." He said, reaching out and grabbing my hand.

"Tell me you're going on tour as soon as you know. It gives me time to prepare. I'm never going to be mad at you for going on tour, I just want more than a week's notice."

"Understood." He smiled.

"It works out anyway. I'm going to be super busy the next three months."

"Why is that?"

"Sienna and I found out we can't renew our lease, so we have to find a new place. We have three months to find somewhere new and affordable."

"Move in with me." He said quickly.

"Wait, what?"

"Move in with me." He said again with a smile.

"Andy, we've only been dating for 7 months."

"I know, but you said you have three months. That'll put us at 10 months, which is practically almost a year. If you find a place and get locked into a lease, that's a year at minimum, which makes it where we won't be able to move in together until almost our 2 year anniversary. I love you Brielle and I want to take our relationship to the next level. I'm in this big empty house all by myself. I want to see you every day. I want to wake up next to you every day. I'm in love with you Brielle."

"Can I think about it?"

"Of course. I'm about to go on tour, I don't want you here all by yourself. We'll reevaluate when I get home. I assume you'll have made a decision by then since you'll need to have a place secured by then."

"Okay." I said. "What is Sienna going to do? She can't afford a place on her own."

"The two of you can't live together forever. You just happen to be the person moving on first instead of her."

"I know." I sighed, laying back down on his lap. "I hate being an adult." I grumbled.

"Hey, being an adult isn't all bad." He smirked, leaning down and kissing me, running his hand down my body.

***

When I got home from Andy's the next day, my heart was racing. I knew I needed to talk to Sienna, but I didn't want to.

"Sienna! I'm home!" I called, kicking off my shoes. I locked the door and took a deep breath as I walked down the hall. I opened her bedroom door to see her laying in bed, watching TV.

"Oh, hey Bri." She said, barely pulling her eyes from the TV. I walked further into the room and sat at the edge of her bed, pausing the TV. "Oookay, what's up?" She asked.

"I told Andy about us needing to find a place and, uhm, he asked me to move in with him."

"Oh." She said, sitting up.

"I know this is a big change and affording a place by yourself will be difficult-"

"So, you said yes?"

"No." I said and she looked at me confused. "I told him I would think about it."

"Do you want to move in with him?"

"I-I don't know. I mean, it's pretty soon, but also, I love him, Sienna. I am in love with him and I know he's the one. What he said made a lot of sense. If I don't move in with him now, I won't be able to move in until our 2 year anniversary, which feels like too long. It seems like it's now or never."

"So, what's your plan?"

"I say we go apartment hunting. Let's look at 2 bedrooms and one bedrooms. Compare the prices. If we decide you can't afford something on your own, then I won't move in with him."

"Brielle, I can't be the one holding back your relationship."

"You won't be. Let's just look around, okay?"

"Okay." She smiled.

*******************************************************************************

Should she move in with him?

Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought!