Chapter 8: Careful

Chapter 8: Careful

Andy's POV

*One Month Later*

"Andy!" My mom exclaimed as I walked up to their car. She got out and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back, my dad hugging me after she was done.

"How has tour been?" He asked.

"Good, good." I said. I put my backpack in the backseat and then got in while my parents got back in the front seat. We had just arrived in Cincinnati for our show tomorrow so we had a day off today. The guys were staying in a hotel but I decided to stay at my parents' house. This week was Thanksgiving, but we'll already be in a different state by the time it rolls around. My parents are hosting the guys and I for an early Thanksgiving tonight.

We got to their house and I took my backpack up to my childhood bedroom that I stay in when I come here. I packed everything I would need for today and tomorrow into a backpack so I wouldn't have to deal with taking my suitcase on and off the bus. After I put my bag down, I came back downstairs and hung out with my parents for a while.

"Anything new in your life?" My mom asked.

"Well, actually yeah. I'm dating someone."

"Oh." My dad said.

"Her name is Brielle and, uhm, I'm in love."

"Andy." My mom said, a disapproving tone in her voice.

"Ho-"

"Listen." I said, cutting my dad off. "We've been dating for almost 3 months, but had known each other for a month before that. We met at the last Bengals game I went to because I spilled soda on her. She is a huge Bengals fan and was born and raised here in Cincinnati. She makes me really happy and I have never felt like this about anyone I've been with in the past. We are taking things really slow and taking the time to get to know each other. I promise, she's not like anyone from my past. She's the real deal and she means a lot to me."

"Andy, we just don't want you getting hurt again." My mom said.

"How am I ever supposed to find love if I don't risk getting hurt?"

"Amy, he's in love." My dad said.

"What?" My mom asked.

"The look in his eyes when he talks about her. He's in love." My dad said, nodding, causing me to smile.

"Andy, if you're truly in love, then we're happy for you. Will we get to meet her at Christmas?" My mom said.

"I don't know, we haven't talked about that. I'm coming here straight from our last tour date, so I won't even be home between the end of tour and Christmas."

"Can I at least see a picture of her?" My mom asked. I pulled my phone out and scrolled through for a picture of Brielle. I found one of the two of us and turned my phone around so they could see.

"She's gorgeous son." My dad said. "And a Bengals fan? What a score." He laughed.

"Oh Chris." My mom said, lightly smacking his chest.

"She's definitely special." I laughed. My mom got up to make dinner while my dad and I watched some TV. After a while, my dad left to go pick up the guys from the hotel. I stayed home so that all of them would fit in the car. I walked into the kitchen and helped my mom finish up dinner. The rolls had just come out of the oven when my dad arrived with the guys.

"There you guys are! Dinner is just about ready." My mom said, coming over and hugging each of my band mates. The five of us and my dad took our seats at the table while my mom finished dinner.

"Alright, have at it!" She said. We grabbed our plates and formed a line, filling our plates with some of the best food we've eaten since being on tour. My parents talked with the guys, asking about what's been going on since they've seen them last.

***

After breakfast the next day, I brought my backpack down and set it by the front door. The three of us got in the car and they drove me to the venue where the bus was already parked. We got out of the car and I hugged each of my parents.

"Be careful please, Andy." My mom said.

"I will mom. I don't see Brielle breaking my heart." I smiled.

"I hope not." She said. 

*****************************************************************************

Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought!