Chapter 1: Football

Chapter 1: Football

Brielle's POV

"LET'S GO BENGALS!" I cheered as my favorite football team ran down the field to score a touchdown.

"WHOOO!" My best friend, Sienna, and I cheered as we high fived. The crowd around us boomed.

"SHIT!" I heard someone from behind me exclaim. All of a sudden, I was drenched in a mysterious liquid. 

"WHAT THE FUCK!" I screeched as Sienna rushed to grab napkins we had and pat parts of me dry.

"I am so sorry!" A deep voice from behind said as I felt hands placed on my shoulders. I whipped around to see a tall man with short black hair and covered in tattoos with a nose piercing. He was wearing a black Bengals jersey with orange sleeves and black tiger stripes. What stuck out the most about him was his piercing blue eyes. His eyes were filled concern and he was waiting for a response from me.

"What was that?" I asked, trying not to yell but wanting to make sure he heard me over the crowd. I felt like I should be upset, but I was very confused.  Mostly, I was mesmerized by his blue eyes.

"A coke. I'm so sorry, I had it in my hand and my friend bumped it out of my hand." He said, gesturing to the friend next to him.

"Oh, it's okay." I said, looking down at my soaked shirt.

"Come with me, let me help you clean up." He offered, sliding out of the row. I slid out of my row and followed him up the bleacher steps. We went to a cart in the stadium that had a tower of napkins on it. He started pulling some and handing them to me. I started dabbing at my shirt while he grabbed some napkins and wiped my arms off.

"You know, let me buy you a new shirt." He said after a minute of attempting to help me.

"No, I couldn't possibly let you do that."

"I insist. This is my fault. Come on." He said.

"Fine." I sighed, following him to the pro shop. I looked around for a moment before I found a shirt. It was a black shirt that said Cincinnati Bengals with the "B" logo in between the two words and the word football below Bengals. I patted my jeans and felt that they were luckily mostly dry. We went up to the register and he paid for my shirt. We walked to the nearest bathroom and I changed my shirt, putting my wet shirt into the bag. I walked out to find the man leaning against a pillar.

"Thank you." I told him.

"It's the least I could do after I ruined your game. You looked pretty into it." He laughed.

"Was I that extra?" I asked, heat rising in my cheeks. "I'm sorry, they're just my favorite team." I laughed.

"No, not at all! It was just cool to see someone else as into the team as I am." He said. "My name is Andy by the way." He said, holding out his hand for me to shake.

"I'm Brielle." I said.

"So, do you live here in Cincinnati?" He asked.

"No, I'm just in town. I try to come to home games when I can. I live in Los Angeles."

"No way, me too!" He said with a smile.

"Cool." I said.

"Well, a shirt is definitely not payment enough for what I did. Allow me to take you out to dinner when we get home." He said.

"Andy, I promise, it's fine."

"I won't feel better until you agree."

"Fine, fine, we'll go to dinner." I laughed. We exchanged phone numbers and then walked back to our seats. We enjoyed the rest of the game and then filed out with the rest of the fans after an close win.

"So, you were gone for a while with that guy." Sienna said as we made it back to the car.

"Yeah, we were just talking a little bit. His name is Andy and he also lives in LA! Oh, and he kinda asked me out to dinner."

"Bri!" Sienna exclaimed.

"It's just a dinner as payment for spilling a drink on me. It's no big deal." I waved her off as she joined the crowd of cars leaving the stadium.

"You are so naïve! Did you get his phone number?"

"Yes."

"Oh, you guys are going to get married!" She teased.

"Sienna! This dinner means nothing!"

"Deniallll." She sang. "I can see it now, an orange and black wedding with you in a tiger dress!"

"Sienna! You're ridiculous!" I laughed.

"Brielle and Andy, sitting in a tree."

"Shush and drive." I said.

Andy's POV

I can't believe I did that! I was distracted from the game every time Brielle jumped up to cheer. She was so enthusiastic and in tune with the game. She was pumped up and truly happy. Lonny moved his arm and dumped the drink out of my hand and on top of Brielle. I could've died on the spot, I was so embarrassed. 

She turned around and I finally got a good glimpse at her. She was gorgeous. She had short blonde hair with bangs and deep blue eyes. She had a few tattoos peeking out from her sleeves and the tips of one peeking out from her collar.

When she told me she lived in LA, my heart fluttered. That means this wouldn't be goodbye, if I could play my cards right. I was so thankful she agreed to dinner and gave me her number. After the game ended and I walked to the car with Lonny, I couldn't stop thinking about her. I so badly wanted to text her and ask her out for dinner tonight, but I had no idea what else she had going on while she was out here.

"Well, that was an eventful game." Lonny chuckled as I joined the crowd of cars leaving the stadium.

"Yeah, because of your clumsy elbows." I chuckled. "It's okay though, because that gave me an excuse to talk to her." I said with a small smile.

"Oooh, does Andy have a little crush?" Lonny teased.

"I think I do. I mean, a gorgeous girl with tattoos and a love for my team? What more could I ask for? She lives in LA and agreed to go to dinner with me."

"Score! Well, then I think you should be thanking me." Lonny smirked.

"Mhmm, thanks." I laughed.

*****************************************************************************

This is my new story idea! What do you think? Should I continue? I already know exactly how this is gonna end and what the sequel will be like so I'm super excited!

Brielle is above and the video is the song the title is from.

Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought!