fifty-two

baby's first christmas {will}

decorating
"Come on, let's get you both inside where it's warmer," Will said, holding a baby carrier with a two-month-old Bambi sleeping peacefully. You slowly made your way up the stairs and unlocked the door. As you walked inside, you froze and dropped your bag; Christmas decorations covered the living room. Will stopped behind you, surprised too. He saw a note on the dining table and placed the baby carrier on the floor beside you and went to get it. He smiled as he read it "My mum and your mum did this" He chuckled "They said, 'We didn't want you coming home and having to worry about decorating or getting a Christmas tree. Call us when you're up for visitors'" You smiled at how thoughtful they were. Will sent both mums a text saying thank you and that he would call soon. You gently picked Bambi up out of her carrier and cradled her against your chest. You walked further inside and slowly sat down on the couch. Will followed you and turned on the Christmas tree lights, before sitting beside you on the couch "It's perfect Will" You said. He kissed your temple and looked down at his little girl. With the lights on behind you both, you looked beautiful. He smiled and realized it was his daughter's first Christmas "First of many" He whispered to himself.

he posts a picture
willhalstead & lianakahan

willhalstead|First Christmas as a family, her first Christmas ever ✨❤️ @lianakahan

willhalstead|
First Christmas as a family, her first Christmas ever ✨❤️ @lianakahan

christmas eve
"You can go, first love," Will said, looking at you sitting beside him on the floor. It was Christmas Eve and one of your and Will's Christmas traditions was to open one present each on Christmas Eve. You smiled at him as he cradled the two-month-old little girl close to his chest. You reached out under the tree and picked up a present "To mummy and B love daddy" You read the tag attached, making Will smile wider "Something for you too, sweet pea" Will whispered, kissing Bambi's head. You unwrapped the present and giggled as you pulled out two identical purple onesies; one for you and one for Bambi "Oh Will" You smiled, holding up the newborn onesie. You moved closer to him and kissed him "Thank you, Will. She will look adorable in it" You whispered, looking down at the little girl. Bambi blinked a few times, her big brown eyes looking up at you "And you too darling" He kissed your temple "Go try it on and I'll change B" You smiled and quickly went to the bedroom to change. Meanwhile, Will laid Bambi down on a blanket on the floor and quickly, but gently got her out of the pink onesie. She started to fuss as the cold air hit her skin "Shh B, it's alright, there you go" He cooed, doing up the onesie. Just then you walked back into the room "Oh look at you Bambi, don't you look cute" You whispered, reaching out for her. Bambi gently placed her in your arms "You're so beautiful Bambi" You whispered "Like mother, like daughter" He smiled, looking at his two favorite girls in the world.

christmas day
"Aren't you a gorgeous girl? Come to grandma" Your mum held in her arms. Will slowly handed over his little girl. Bambi whined as she was transferred to a new set of arms "Shh darling, it's okay" Your mum whispered and cradled her granddaughter close to her. She slowly walked around the living room and sat down on the couch, your dad followed and sat beside her. Your mum gently moved the little girl from her arms and laid her down on the couch beside her. Bambi looked around the room, her big eyes landing on her grandma "Oh look at those beautiful eyes. Just like your daddy" She smiled. As she stroked Bambi's hands, she grabbed into both your mum's forefingers, making her smile happily "Will, can you help me in the kitchen before your family gets here" You whispered, taking his hand in yours. You pulled him into the kitchen and he sat on the stool at the counter, watching your parents with his daughter "Will, B is alright" You giggled at the protectiveness of his little girl "It's my mum She raised me; she knows what she's doing. Plus she loves her little granddaughter" Will smiled and finally looked away from Bambi to look at you "I know. I just like being with her. I can't help it" He laughed lightly. You walked up to him and kissed his cheek "Merry Christmas Will" In the comer of your eye you saw your mum with your daughter "Our first Christmas as a family" Will wrapped his arm around your waist, pulling you closer to him "And I couldn't ask for anything better for Christmas"