Chapter 40

"-the benefits can never be overlooked if I marry Eleanora, the youngest member of the main family."

Eleanora's heart dropped.

She couldn't believe her ears that she was hearing right what he just said.

Anastasia stared wide-eyed and she looked at Adriano on her right. He looked completely calm and uninterested like their father and brothers.

Nora clutched Lucifer's hand in fear as Gianni's eyes bored into her. Zack was still clutching on Hunter's hand that was gripping his gun. He was wide-eyed.

"Denied!" William spoke up in piercing tone, cutting right through the tensed atmosphere like knife.

"What?" Luciano raised his brow challengingly, with a menace covering look on his face.

"As William said, she will not marry you." Vincent said cooly.

"And why's that? I need a specific reason." Luciano said daringly.

"There's no reason to accuse this bullshit idea of yours!" Hunter spat out angrily. His eyes narrowed dangerously like slits at Zack who was stopping him from killing these two. If Hunter wanted, he could have easily pulled away but Zack had a pleading look covering his face.

Damon stared at the whole scene blank-faced. Just like Hades and Angel who looked wholly uninterested.

"Just why not?" Luciano asked again but this time his tone was calm.

"It is simple as that, I don't want my sister marrying you. But the most important thing, why I called my sister here, so she could voice out her opinion. Do you want to marry him, Eleanora?" William looked straight at Nora's wide eyes.

She shook her head, declining.

Gianni's fists clenched but his face remained passive unlike his father.

"That's your answer there." William pointed cooly.

"And, did you forget Gianni that I had warned you to stay 10 feet away from my sister? How can you think that I will allow you to marry her if I don't even want you near her?"

Gianni made contact with William's eyes silently. The whole room was tense.

"We are leaving, father." He said calmly while standing up from the chair.

"What? Gi---" Luciano started but stopped as Gianni paused in front of William.

"You will regret this William O'Crimson!"

William raised his brow at the threat and watched with disinterest as he stormed out of there, shortly followed by Luciano.

A moment later, the same group from earlier burst out laughing. Hunter had his glare pinned at Zack who was looking at the bottle of water in front of him, with a pale face.

Then everyone made their way outside the meeting hall.

William stood in front of Nora. Nora looked up at him, her cheeks red with embarrassment because everyone was staring at them.

He took his proper time to wish her birthday and apologized for the delay and everything she had to face. Nora waved his apology off with a sweet, shaky smile on her face.

As for her birthday presents, giving her basic and formal gifts later, William gave her three wishes. This will give her the opportunity to ask anything from him in future and he will not decline. It was not like he ever declined her requests. He always gave her everything. Sometimes she did not even need to ask him.

When all the business related guests left and only Romano family and Dominic Gray remained; Nora sat down beside Anastasia in the living room while everyone sat around there too.

Hunter was nowhere to be seen as he had dragged Zack with him upstairs.

Nora's eyes flickered from everyone's faces with a smile on her face. Her and Anastasia's brothers were drinking and joking together. Ermanno, the youngest of the boys was also drinking along with them and he talked like grown up with Vincent.

Nora paused as suddenly her eyes fell on Dominic. She watched him almost  unconsciously.

He, William, Allesandro and Adriano were sitting at a little distance from the group. They were oddly silent and drinking or observing everyone.

Suddenly Dominic looked up and right in her direction.

Nora's cheeks flushed and she immediately snapped her head to look down.

This was embarrassing.

He caught her staring.

Nora mentally face palmed herself.

"Nora." Anastasia's soft voice rang in her ears. She gulped down her embarrassment and looked at her.

"Yes Ana."

Anastasia looked a bit uncomfortable as she shifted on her seat.

"Y-you ok?" She asked a little fearful that Nora might get angry with her for disturbing her or reminding her of the incident from before.

Nora felt her eyes softened seeing a worried look implanted on her face.

"I'm fine, Ana." Smiling, she squeezed her hand.

Anastasia nodded, a little relieved.

"Anastasia! It's time to go home, dear." Allesandro's voice rang through the room.

As the Romano family left, William looked at Dominic's face.

"Stay here for the night."

Dominic rolled his eyes a bit. But William didn't even need to look at him to know that he agreed.