(30) LIFE THREATENING

Eleanora immediately rushed out and opened the driver side door.

"Hunter!" She cried as his body fell towards her side. By using her full strength, she held him and pushed him gently back towards the seat.

She unbuttoned his tux and glanced at the several bullet wounds tainting his white shirt.

She gasped in shock.

"Help! Anyone please." She yelled for the guards and immediately the guards rushed to the aid.

They took him towards the familiar medic hall of the mansion and this time Nora wasn't shocked to see the full doctor team already setting everything there.

"Please.... Help my brother...." She cried out.

They immediately took him towards the special emergency ward. She dropped down on her knees, on the floor right there and folded her hands praying.

"P-please G-god don't let anything b-bad happen t-to him." She cried.

It was late midnight. Guards tried to make her take some rest but she refused. She stayed there in the corner, down on the floor, hugging her knees tightly to her chest.

Tears kept flowing down her eyes. She waited for any news of improvement in Hunter's condition.

A hour later, they finally came out from the emergency section. Nora tried to ask them about Hunter but they didn't exactly told her the truth. They just only give her some false consolation.

Nora felt a sharp pain arising in her chest but she ignored it.

The sun started to shine in the sky soon and all of a sudden, the guards again turned stern and stoic with their spine straight.

Nora felt the sudden change and immediately realized that her brothers were here but her body was immovable from the ground. She tried to stand up but her legs had no strength.

"She looks fucked up!" Lucifer whispered in Hades ear who nodded back.

William made his way towards her to stand in front of her. When she didn't lifted her head up, he knelt down in front of her.

Nora felt his thumb under her chin, he rose it up slightly and looked at her teary face and body to find any sign of some serious injury.

He was mentally relieved to see her safe and well.

He gently helped her up and made her sit on one of the chairs.

He looked towards Damon who nodded back before moving towards Nora to sit beside her. William was well aware that Damon was the only gentle person out of them and he could handle this situation well.

Nora needed comfort at this time and he could provide it to her well.

He stormed inside the medic hall followed by their four brothers.

Damon held her hand in his and watched as a tear rolled down her cheek.

It surprised him when she laid her head down on his shoulder. He gently started tapping the back of her hand with his fingers, a silent, unique way of his to give her the sense of security that he was here, her brothers were here.

Nothing bad was going to happen!

"I feel like it all happened because of me. He is dying protecting me." She whispered.

"The feeling of guilt is so much heavy to take." She concluded in the same tone.

Damon sighed and lifted her head up from his shoulder, so now they were looking in each other's eyes.

"Because you are taking someone's else guilt who is the real culprit. There is nothing your fault. He fulfilled his promise by protecting you at any cost and you fulfilled your promise by staying here, with him at such tender time. That's what family do for each other. There is no guilts no regrets." He patted her head gently.

"Now it's our turn to fulfill our promise." He smiled warmly at her.

Nora felt heavy knots in her stomach. She knew what promise he was indicating to. Whoever tried to harm them was going to suffer the pain of death.

Again that sharp pain inside her heart started striking. She gasped while clenching her fists to control her scream in.

"What Happened Eleanora?!" Damon almost shouted in a worried tone.

Nora tried to calm herself down by taking few deep breaths and the pain washed away after few moments.

"I-I am fine. I-it's n-nothing. J-just a h-headache!" She lied in a relieved tone.

"No! You need a check u--"

"I am fine Damon! It's Hunter who needs us this time. It's just a headache. It will be over soon." She somehow managed to convince him.

"Ok. I am going to see Hunter! You should go and change." Nora nodded finally giving her attention to her dress that was covered with Hunter's blood.

She sighed when he was gone inside Hunter's room. It was surprising how the doctors were stopping her from entering inside to see her brother and they never once dared to let a squeak come out of their mouths as her brothers themselves went inside without bothering to ask permission of Doctors.

She turned to move towards her room and slightly rubbed her chest feeling confused at this sudden pain in her chest that was starting to trouble her.