(36) BROKEN

One week later

Eleanora stared at her twins brothers from far whilst sitting on the bleachers. She waited for them to finish their soccer game.

Her eyes silently and tiredly roamed around the ground until they finally fell on that very same group who were hell bent ready to make her life hell.

They abused her mentally today. For some secret reason they enjoyed bullying her by calling hurtful names. Somehow they were aware about her past. The same past she badly wanted to forget. They were triggering those haunted memories. Tears were burning in her eyes but she controlled the emotional rollercoaster. It had been going on from last week.

She wanted to cry her pain out in front of her brothers. But twins were continuously ignoring her and Damon who for some reason understood her completely was away, out of the country for some business with William and Vincent. Lucifer and Hunter always ignored her mere existence.

Her heart was breaking slowly and painfully, pieces by pieces and the ignorance of her twin brothers was tearing her soul apart.

The game finally ended and siblings were finally on their way back home.

Eleanora quickly made her way upstairs towards her room and shut the door behind herself. She slowly padded into the comfort room.

With a great difficulty, she slowly managed to undress herself and took a hot, flesh burning shower. The hot water that burnt her skin was enough to numb the dull ache of her heart.

She threw on some random dress and laid down on the bed. She blankly stared at the ceiling and played with her fingers.

Slowly the sleep took over her exhausted body.

She woke up after hearing Serenity's call outside her room. The dinner was ready.

Nora refused to come out and told her that she wasn't quite hungry. She laid there on her bed for a while before picking up her backpack and laptop, Damon had gifted her. She started to finish some due projects.

At some 1'O clock in the middle of night, she was finally done with her school work. She went downstairs to take some quick snacks. But bumped into Alexander.

He glared, pouring all of his hate in the daggers he was throwing at her through his eyes. Nora shrank back scared of his anger.

"S-sorry." She whispered and rushed away from him towards the stairs.

In the mid of staircase, a sudden and severe pain shoot in her chest and she gasped. Cold sweats broke through her skin and a dizziness hit her.

Her body stumbled slightly and her feet skipped a step back.

As her body was about to fall back down suddenly arms wrapped around her waist. She looked up only to find Angel's concerned gaze connected with her and suddenly everything went black.

Angel panicked as Nora fainted in his arms.

"HADES!" He yelled for his twin.

Alexander moved past them silently while rolling his eyes in annoyance.

"What bro?" Hades asked confused from the end of stairs.

His brows furrowed when he saw a unconscious Eleanora in his arms.

"Let's take her to the medic hall." He said.

Angel carefully picked her up in his arms and stormed towards the medic hall. Hades followed silently behind him.

***************

When the next time she woke up, she found herself laying on the hospital bed in the medic hall. She laid there for a while before slowly trying to lift herself up to sit up.

"And what do you think you are doing?" Hunter's cold voice startled her suddenly. She didn't even knew that he was sitting on the couch in front of her bed. He set the laptop down that was on his lap and stood up. Within three long strides, he was standing in front of her.

"Lay back down!" He commanded.

Eleanora frowned.

"I am o--"

"Don't you dare to disobey me, Eleanora!" His voice suddenly turned much harsher.

She flinched and immediately laid back down on the bed. A nurse came in and removed the IV that was connected to her arm. That she didn't even noticed at the first place.

"You were out for almost a week." He informed her.

Nora couldn't help but frown at his words.

"I--"

"Not a word from you if that is not the answer of my question!" He suddenly sounded like he was scolding her.

"From since when it has been going on?" He asked in the same stern cold tone.

"What has been going on?" She asked back in confusion.

This time his facial expression contorted in a angry glare. She sank down in the bed feeling scared of his piercing type of angry look.

"Do you remember what actually happened when you fainted?" He asked slowly. His voice strained.

Eleanora licked her chapped lips and focused on his question. Everything started clicking back in her mind.

She just took too much time to remember. The patience of Hunter was running out.

"Elea-" The glare on his face was making her seriously terrified.

"I can't reply you if you keep glaring at me like that. You are scaring me." She blurted out, cutting him off. The colour of her face must be fully drained now.

Hunter raised his brow.

"Answer the question dammit!" He retorted back.

"Umm I felt weird that day and it was getting hard to breath suddenly. I was feeling dizzy and all of a sudden there was a sharp pain in my chest.." She frowned as she narrated the whole story.

"Answer me in only yes or no if you have been feeling this same pain from the past few days?" He asked.

Nora hesitated for a second.

"Don't lie! You are already in so much trouble little girl!" He warned her

"Yes..."

"Damon is furious! He, William and Vincent are coming back by the end of this week." He stated.

Suddenly Nora remembered the day when Hunter was shot, she felt the same pain in front of him and lied to him. Of course he must be angry.

"I am so sorry." Hunter didn't said a word at her apology.

"Do you even have a slightest idea about what actually is wrong with you?" Her frown deepened at his question.

What is wrong with her? She asked to herself.

"You have been suffering from stress cardiomyopathy! Broken heart Syndrome!" He concluded.

Eleanora got the another biggest shock of her life. Tears brimmed in her eyes. She never once imagined that something serious like that could happen to her.

"I d-don't know... h-how?" She asked in a scared tone.

"Extreme stress can literally break someone's heart." He said.

Tears rolled down her cheeks and after a few moments of silence, she whispered.

"Will I die?" She unknowingly flinched when Hunter's heavy hand almost gently connected the top of her head. He patted her head. This weird kind of affectionate touch and emotion coming gently from especially Hunter, surprised her completely.

"We won't let you." His tone remained blank, his facial expressions remained void of any emotion but his gentle touch brought the sudden sense of comfort and reassured her that everything will be fine.