CHAPTER 19

Karthik looked at her, she was shocked to see him to be honest. He walks near her, but she drags him outside the auditorium with him. "Yes?" She asked as he looked down.

"I-I... I am sorry... I am sorry for whatever I done to you... I-I know it's not-"

"Sorry? Karthik, do you think a sorry can solve everything the things you did to me no say... I read the diary... sorry for reading it without your permission but I wanted to know who is this Sitara and what relationship you had with her and the wallpaper too..."

"The wallpaper... yeah" he sighs.

"I know how you feel right now... amma told me everything that you changed a lot, I am glad but I need time! I need some peace..." She said as he nodded.

"So I was thinking about something that makes us really at peace"

"Maya... I know what I did was something that bad, I am not telling you to forgive me quickly... At least please give me a chance-"

"I want a divorce, Karthik" She crossed her arms.

"W-What?"

"I want a divorce and my parents will come to your mansion to talk about this topic," She said as he looked down.

He doesn't know what to say. But maybe she is correct. He tried to smile and nodded.

"F-Fine..." He said as he turned around.

Maya sighs and looks at him, it hurts her. Hurts her very much but her parents are already talking about divorce, maybe it will be a good restart for both of their lives.

Maya walks inside the auditorium with teary eyes. Her heart was kind of stinging feeling.

After class, Maya gets inside the house. She saw her aunt and Amma sitting on the couch talking to the uncle about her divorce.

"Oh dear, you came! Your chai is in kitchen" Thara said she nodded. "Why is he here?" She pointed to her uncle.

"What are you talking about, dear?" Her appa gets up as she glares at him.

"You don't know... no one knows anything!! I hate him! Who are you to interfere in my life?" She asked as looks at her uncle.

He looks at Thara as she stays silent.

"Leave from my house!" She said as she walked to her room, she threw her bag on the bed and sat on the chair, she wiped her tears and looked outside the window.

Her stepmom comes to the room with her chai. Maya got up and looked at her, "here drink your chai or it will get cold" she said as she sat on the bed and gave the chai to Maya.

"I hate him, amma! H-He almost raped me... if G-Ganesh was not there... I-I will-" She cries.

"He will not come here anymore, dear! What can I do... he was born as my brother, I can't do anything" Thara said while wiping her tears.

"Look... maybe you see me as a step-mom b-but for me you are my daughter... My first daughter! I raised you like that if you ever feel like I didn't give you enough love or care... I am sorry!" She hugs him.

"A-Amma... You are MY mom! MY" she said.

Karthik was driving back home, he wiped his tears and tried to focus on driving. DIVORCE was the only thing that going on his mind. It's all his fault, all his.

He drives straight to his mansion and walks inside. His mom was waiting for him. "What happened, dear? Did you talk to her?" She asked as he nodded.

"Her parents will come here," he said.

"Why?"

"For talking about our divorce!" He holds his tears, he knows he is too late at least for crying out his feelings.

"Divorce?"

"She wants a divorce... I will fulfill her wish!" He said as he walked upstairs. Karthik sits on the floor leaning back to his bed.

"I fucked up! I messed up everything! I ruined everyone's life!! Because of me, S-Sitara died... because of that insecurity I ruined Maya's life." He hugged himself.

Seetha, his mom was knocking on his door room. "Open the door... Karthi" She said as he opened the door.

Her eyes soften, and she hugs him tightly. She held her tears, "Amma... because of me S-Sitara died and Maya's life was ruined... I broke her heart! It's my fault" He cries hard.

"I value her presence! I was a jerk!! A bastard!!" He cries as he slaps himself. "It's late... too late, Karthi," she said as he sighed.

1 week later, Maya was sitting on the balcony, preparing notes for her students tomorrow. Including today, it's been 2 months since she and Karthik separated.

Her mind was full of him, the way he stood near her and Apologies to her, but she was not that soft-hearted. She won't forgive him.

Everyone was already talking to her about the second marriage.

[SHORT CHAPTER... SORRY]