CHAPTER 9

A few days later, it's been days that Maya has been silent, her mind was full of the thoughts of that wallpaper she saw on his phone. Maya was sitting inside the school staff room alone without eating the lunch she brought with her to school. Her best friend Sarah was looking at her worriedly, it's been days she had been silent like this.

"Maya?" She called out her name as Maya looked around and saw Sarah sitting beside her. "Why are you not eating lunch? Are you daydreaming?" She asked as Maya sighed. Her eyes got teary and she hugged Sarah all of a sudden. "I can't take it anymore, Sarah" She cries silently as Sarah just pats her head and kisses her forehead.

"Leave him, Maya!" Sarah said as she nodded no. "I love him, Sarah! But he is hiding something... I don't know what, but Amma said he is a good guy... This is not the real Karthik" Maya sobbed on her shoulders, Sarah tried to hold back her tears and looked at her best friend who was finally calmed down from crying.

"Let's go out after school, message your husband and inform him that," She said as Maya took out her phone and messaged Seetha and Karthik about it, Seetha replied quickly with a smile and okay. Maya nodded and smiled at Sarah.

After sometimes later, Karthik was sitting in his office while writing something in his diary. He sighs and re-thinking everything that happening in his life. Karthik wipes his tears and lays his head on the desk. He still couldn't accept anything that happening in his life.

Life is so unfair to him, that he starts crying silently and sitting alone in his office cabin. He knows that he is ruining Maya's life with his behavior, but he doesn't know how to express his feelings. Karthik sighed and wiped his tears, he saw his cousin Gaurav coming to his cabin with some paperwork.

"Karthik?" He walks near him grabs and looks at him, the only guy who knows Karthik very much like everyone in Karthik is his cousin Gaurav who is the same age as him.

Karthik just hugged his cousin and cried more harderrav, "What happened?" he asked as Karthik just stayed silent and continued crying. "No one is understanding me, Gaurav! They are blaming me for everything like I married Maya to my liking and now hate her! I told them before meeting her that, I don't want this marriage!" Karthik said as Gaurav sighed and looked at him.

"Uncle told me that you guys are going on a honeymoon!" Gaurav said as Karthik sighed and nodded. "Just for them... For the past 2 years, I have been doing everything for them, nothing for me! So I am going to do this also for them" He said in a low tone.

Hours later, Karthik walks to the bedroom after a tiring working day, he looks at the time, it's already 9:00 pm. He saw Maya sitting on the chair and correcting the papers of her students at school.

Karthik just walked towards the bathroom silently and took a bath. Maya looks at him going to the bathroom, she sighs and continues with her work.

At late night, Karthik was sitting on the chair in the bedroom not sleeping and just looking outside the window to the moon. He looks at Maya who is sleeping on the floor.

She was panting while sleeping which makes Karthik confuse. The tears were rolling down from her eyes and mumbling something.

"N-No please!" Maya was mumbling while sleeping as Karthik was walking near her.

"Maya?"

"Don't hurt me... Please, please!" Maya starts shaking and shivering while closing her eyes. Karthik gulp and just stand there... Don't know what to do...