CHAPTER 14

𝐌𝐀𝐘𝐀 closed the diary and lay on the bed. It's been 1 week since she came back to her home, she took the diary with her too.

Maya's mind was full of Sitara, she wanted to know more about Sitara. Is it because of her, he is acting like this?

Maya sighed and wiped her tears. She thought he would at least message her, saying sorry for acting like that... But nothing.

She looks at the time, it's already 1:00 am. She walks out of the room to the balcony. She sits on the chair and watches the late-night sky view alone.

Her mind was filled with Karthik. But she promised herself that she wouldn't go back to the mansion and forgive him until he acted nice and took her to the mansion with himself only.

Meanwhile at Karthik's Mansion. Everyone was really worried about Karthik and his mental state, his depression was showing again. He is not even talking to anyone.

"Karthik, I called Raj for an appointment, you are coming with me," Kairav said.

"No... I am completely okay!" he said silently while looking at his laptop. "Karthik, you are going for Counseling like you used to!" Seetha said.

Karthik looks at everyone and groans in frustration. "I told you I am completely fine!!" He said, raising his sound a little loud.

"You are going and that's final!!!" Nataraja said as Karthik walked to the room in anger.

The next day, Karthik was sitting in front of his psychologist and he was asking questions like he asked when they met first.

"Again thinking about her? Listen Karthik you are married now, she's gone! She's not gonna come back to you!" he said softly.

Karthik fists her hands and takes a deep breath. "And who told you to stop taking the medication?" he asked.

"That... I am better now! They are just taking everything as a big problem!" Karthik said.

"Did you call your wife after she left the house?"

"No"

"Why?"

"I just don't want to!"

Raj looks at him and sighs deeply, "Karthik dear... I have known you for 24 years! Remember your father is my best friend" he said.

"Maya is your wife... She is the woman in your life, not Sitara... She's gone! Oh darling you should forget her or at least put every thought of her aside"

"But Uncle she... She is my-" he burst into tears.

"S-Sitara w-was my first love... She was so pure" He kept crying.

"I know... I know but think about your wife! Maya loves you very much! But you are acting rude to her and it hurts her!" He said while patting his shoulder.

•••

Karthik ran to the dance room as Sitara was practicing the dance for the university arts program.

"Sitara... Sitara!!" He called her as he entered the room, everyone stopped doing what they were doing and looked at Karthik.

"Sitara come with me!" He signed and walked near her. "I need to talk to you about something!" he said as Maya looked around.

It's already been 2 months since he started studying the sign language for Sitara. She smiles and walks behind Maanav to an empty room.

Karthik walks close to Sitara nervously and stands in front of her. She looked at him, "What do you want to talk to me about?" she signed and Karthik cleared his throat.

"I like you!" He said simply.

That word hits the main spot. Sitara looks at him shockly. Karthik looks at her and kneels in front of her.

"I love you!! The day I met you I fell in love with you! Love at first sight.  You can call that! I studied sign language just for you! I heard your favorite color is baby blue, that day onward I started wearing that color shirt! I like you... Please say something... I can give you time! Just reply to me after a few days!"

He said as he walked out of the room Sitara was just staring at him blankly. Maanav ran near Sitara and sighed.

"Don't tell this to your brother... They will beat him to death! He just keeps talking like that!! Don't take it seriously and tell this to your brothers! He just likes to that much but if you don't like don't date him! Just don't tell" Maanav begged her for his best friend.

Sitara just nodded and walked out of the room. Maanav sighed and sat on the floor thinking and worrying about Karthik.

As his best friend, Maanav is taking every risk with Karthik...

[The story is parallel like present and past]