CHAPTER 6

The next day, Maya wakes up and gets up from the floor. She looks at Karthik who is still sleeping peacefully. Maya sighed folded her blanket and put it under the bed.

She walked straight to the bathroom and took a quick body shower except hair. She walks out of the bathroom and looks at the time. It was only 6:00 am.

She walked downstairs to the kitchen, and she saw her mother-in-law and father-in-law making tea while talking and laughing.

"Good Morning, amma and appa," Maya said awkward tone. The couple was just vibing in the kitchen while making tea for themselves and she disturbed them, the thought of that makes her a little awkward.

"Oh come in Maya!" Nataraja said while smiling at his youngest daughter-in-law. "Do you drink tea in the morning?" Amma asked her and she nodded and smiled.

"Yes... As a teacher,  it is very needed!" Maya said as she smiled at them.

“I made this!” Nataraja said as Maya took a sip, “So delicious” She said and smiled. “Vishwanath do house chores?” He asked about his best friend and she nodded no.

“No,” She said as she turned and saw her brother-in-law walk to the kitchen. Ahvi was with him, Ahvi was still sleepy.

"Good Morning!" Ahvi greeted all and hugged her grandfather and grandmother. Maya looked at them, her heart melting at that view.

Choosing him as her husband she considers a mistake but through him, she finds a good family. It's been only one day since she came to this family but she felt comfort on the first day itself.

Nice in-laws. She walks out of the kitchen and looks around the big mansion, for the first time she sees this big mansion in her life. She saw a family pick on the wall, she saw Karthik smiling.

He looks more handsome while smiling. Maya just looked at the photo while holding her tea cup. "Oh, that was the photo of 4 years ago!" Ahvi comes to the living room.

"huh? What?" Maya looks at her and smiles. "This photo was taken 4 years ago! Kochacha looks more handsome in it" She said while smiling at her aunt.

Time skip, Karthik wakes up with a high headache. He groans in pain and sits up from the bed. He looks at the time, it's already 10:00 am.

He looks at the table near his bed to take his phone but sees his regular coffee. He takes it and takes a sip. He sighs and gets up.

He walked out of the room and saw Ahvi sitting on the balcony studying alone. The guilt in him again rises for yelling at her.

He walks to the balcony and looks out the view outside. "It's so calm today... Right, Ahvi?" He asked as if nothing happened between Them.

Ahvi didn't respond and just focused on her studies, Karthik took another sip of his coffee looked at Ahvi, and sighed.

He sat beside her and closed her book. "Stop it, Kochacha," She said while opening the book again. He looks at her.

"Fine... I am sorry!" He said in a soft tone but Ahvi didn't respond to it. "Keep your sorry in your pockets," Ahvi said.

"I am sorry, buddy!" He said again as she glared at him. "Leave me alone" Ahvi rolled her eyes.

Karthik sighs gets up and walks out of the balcony but he suddenly bumps into someone. He saw Maya standing in front of him with a glass of milk.

Maya looked at him, her mind was still haunting his words from last night, he quickly changed his expression from soft to cold.

"D-Did you drink the coffee?" She asked as he didn't respond. She notices the empty cup in his hand. He just walked forward without saying anything to his wife.

Maya just sighed and held back her tears. She loves him... It is visible in her eyes... The whole 8 months after their engagement, her mind was full of him.

She wipes her tears and walks to the balcony near Ahvi with a glass of hot milk. "Ahvi... Savithri Chechi (elder sister) gave me this to give you" She said while placing the glass on the table.

Ahvi just smiled at her and nodded. Maya sits beside her and sighs. "So... Do you know anything about me except my name?" Maya asked her.

"I know you are a teacher!" Ahvi smiles. "Yes, I am! I am a biology teacher and I am a zoology teacher but I take both botany and zoology!" Maya said.

"I heard you are a bio student.!" She said as Ahvi nodded. "I am but it is the worst decision I ever took!" Ahvi groans.

"Why?"

"It is so hard... Especially the words!" She said while showing the textbook to her. "Come to me if you have any doubts regarding the subject of biology!" Maya smiles softly.

Meanwhile, Karthik was sitting at the kitchen counter while talking to her mom.
"Amma... I am going to the office tomorrow onwards!" he said while eating his apple.

"What?! Why?" She looks at him with a confused face. "What why...amma? For me, Maya is nothing but a stranger to me" Karthik said while rolling his eyes.