CHAPTER 3

|AUTHOR|

Karthik looks at Maya with a cold stare... She gulps and walks near her stepmom. Their parents were talking to each other about the marriage and engagement.

"Do you like him?" Her dad asked her in front of everyone, she looked at Karthik and nodded. "Yes!" She felt shy and a blush was visible.

Everyone looked at Karthik, He sighed and nodded. "I liked her" His deep voice kinda echoed throughout the room. His tone was crystal clear and cold as ice.

"So good... We can talk about the engagement date with the priest upcoming days!" Karthik's dad Vishwanath said.

Sreekumar nodded and got up. Everyone gets up and Karthik too. Everyone walks out of the house as Maya and her sister look at them going behind the door.

"Isn't he handsome?" Thira asked as Maya blushed and nodded. "You liked him that much at first sight? She teased Maya as she chuckled.

|KARTHIK NAIR|

As I sat on the couch, Amma my older sister-in-law Janaki, and 2nd sister-in-law Sameera came near me and asked me questions about the girl I met.

"I said yes, only because of you! Don't expect me to act like a husband to her after marriage!" I said while looking away from them.

"Seriously?" Janaki asked as I rolled my eyes. "You better be nice to her when she comes here and starts living with you!" Sameer said to me as She got up and walked to her bedroom.

I looked at my mom, she smiled at me and patted my shoulder. "you will change when she comes into your life" I rolled my eyes and looked away.

"I am marrying someone only for you, mom!" I said as she sighed.

✨✨✨

MAYA was lying on her bed inside her hostel room while thinking about her future husband. But the only thing making her afraid is her past life...

What her step-uncle trying to do with her was very horrible, the most disturbing this was her appa didn't do anything to him except forgive him for what he was trying to do.

No one supported her... She was only 14 at that time. She wipes her tears and takes her phone. Her appa already gave her the phone number of Karthik.

"Should I text him now? Isn't it will be awkward?" She talked to herself as she looked at her hostel mate and her best friend.

"Just text him Hi," Sarah said while checking the notes of her students.

"Fine..." She said while texting him "Hi, it's me, Maya!" She turns off the phone.

"Did you make questions for the upcoming exam for students?" She asked Sarah as she groaned.

"Making questions is the hardest thing ever for teachers," Sarah said as Maya smiled a bit. "True!" She agreed.