CHAPTER 4

|MONTHS PASSED| |THE DAY BEFORE THEIR WEDDING DAY|

KARTHIK was sitting on the bed, drinking a whole bottle of alcohol. He doesn't want to marry but because of his family's pressure, he has to.

Ahvi walks to his room, "Oh God! You can't drink like this!!" she said while grabbing the bottle from her uncle.

"Tomorrow is your wedding and you are drinking like this? Huh?!" She scolded him, she couldn't believe that she was scolding her uncle.

"Get out of my room!!" He yelled at Ahvi. For the first time since she was born, he yelled at her. It hurts her. She walks out of the room with the bottle of beer he was drinking.

Karthik just sitting on the bed, blaming himself for accepting the marriage for his parent's happiness.

MAYA looks beautiful in the first gown she wearing. It's the pre-wedding reception. She is so happy for the wedding. Everyone is visiting the happy bride.

She was so happy for her future like her future husband. After time later, when everyone left. She just sits on the bed and talks to her mother, looking at the photo.

"Mom... I am very happy! I hope he is a good guy. He is a silent guy, amma! He won't talk much. I hope you are happy for me, there!" She wipes her tears and hugs her mother's photo.

Her stepmother was standing outside the room hearing everything. She likes Maya but doesn't know how to express her motherly feelings to her.

NEXT DAY|MAYA SREEKUMAR|

MAYA was sitting in the makeup room while getting ready and the makeup artist was making her ready. Maya's heart was beating faster... She is happy but nervous about her new life...

She is going to start a new life with someone she fell in love with at first sight.

"Is he romantic?" the makeup artist asked her.

"He is more like a silent guy... He barely talks to me... Maybe it will change after marriage" She sighed and smiled.

"Maybe he is nervous to talk to you," The other one said while arranging her hair with Jasmine flowers.

MEANWHILE, Karthik was still sitting inside the room as his parents knocking the door and asking him to come out.

"You agreed to this marriage and why are you acting like this, Karthi?!" His mom asked him as her voice was cracked.

He opened the door, his eyes were red and puffy from crying. He looked away from his parents, his mom tried to hold back her tears.

His elder brother, Kairav gave him the white shirt and dhoti mundu and got inside the room.

"What's your problem, Karthik? You agreed to this marriage, right? Why are you acting like a brat?" He asked as Karthik rolled his eyes.

A few hours later, they reached the wedding auditorium. Karthik was looking outside the car as everyone walked outside the car and his brother opened the door for Karthik.

Everyone walks inside the wedding auditorium after the entering ritual before the actual wedding.

Everyone looks at him, he is not smiling, just putting a straight face and sitting on the mandap.

A few minutes later, Maya walks to Mandap wearing a red saree and gold ornaments. She sits beside Karthik. She looked beautiful.

She smiles and looks at Karthik... The priest gave the mangal sutra to Karthik.

He took a deep breath and looked at his mom again, she just nodded to him as he wore the manual sutra around her neck.

"I hate you..." He whisper in a low tone her eyes widening and looks at him in shock... She could feel her heart beating fast.

He takes the kumkum and puts it on her forehead. She could feel tears forming in her eyes...

Hate?! Her mind was full of that word from him... He broke her heart at the moment of the wedding.