CHAPTER 12

𝐊𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐊 walks to the room, mad at everyone. He just wants to leave this world. He is tired. He walks to the room and sits on the bed.

He notices a photo on the table, he takes it and looks at at it. His heart hurt when he saw the photo. "Sitara" he mumbles himself.

His eyes got teary. The memory starts coming to his mind, her smile, her eyes, her love.

But suddenly Maya walks into the room, he looks at her. He can tell that she is hurt, she is hurt by his actions. He shouldn't have done it.

"Maya-"

But she cuts his words and looks at him.

"I am leaving" She takes her back from the wardrobe and starts arranging her clothes inside it.

"Just because of some girl from your past that hurts you, doesn't mean that it's the license to hurt me, Karthik," She said while packing her back.

She hoped that he would say sorry to her and feel sorry for her. But the words that came out of his mouth hurt her again.

"It's not some girl... It's Sitara... Sitara" He said in a cold tone while looking at the photo.

"Oh yeah, Sitara!! SITARA!! SHE RUINED MY LIFE, MY EVERYTHING!! I AM ALSO A WOMAN WHO DESERVES LOVE FROM HER HUSBAND BUT MY HUSBAND LOVES SOME OTHER WOMAN" She screams in frustration, she wants to hurt him... She wanted to hate him but her love for him was not letting her do anything.

She finished packing her bag and walked out of the room still hoping for him to call her back and say sorry. She didn't even look back at him.

Karthik sits on the bed, his eyes get wet. He looks at the photo, he misses his old him. The Karthik who used to laugh a lot, who was happy all the time.

Sitara... Sitara...

~~~

"Who is this Sitara?" Maya asked her mother-in-law. "why you didn't let him marry her if he loves her a lot?!" She asked him while wiping her tears off.

"She... She..." Suddenly her taxi came. "I am leaving! Idk when I come back!" She said as she left the mansion, she looked up at the balcony of their room to see if he had come or not.

The answer is no. He didn't come.

Seetha walked to his room angrily and opened the door, she saw her son just sitting on the bed. She walks near him and slaps him.

Karthik looks at her. "Happy, Karthik?" She asked him in an angry tone. "Happy when you hurt a pure soul?" She looks at him with teary eyes.

"Amma, Leave me alone!! I want some time alone!" He said as Seetha walked out of the room while crying.

•••

4 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐓 𝐀 𝐌𝐁𝐀 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐆𝐄 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋 𝐍𝐀𝐃𝐔

"Who is she?" Maanav asked while looking at Karthik while crossing his arm.

"Sitara... Sitara! The first-year student!!" He said while putting his books away and sitting near Maanav, his roommate for the past 3 years.

"That mute one?" Maanav asked as Karthik glared at him. "Don't call her mute girl! It is disrespect" Karthik warned him.

"Didn't you tell me that you are going to Canada to continue the course?" Maanav asked as Karthik laughed.

"I dropped the plan!"

Maanav looks at him, "You know love can make a person blind and also dumb!! The plan of Canada is best! Don't drop it, Karthik for some girl!"

He warned him as Karthik rolled his eyes. "I will tolerate the consequences for dropping that plan later, Maanav... Let me love now!" He said while looking at the full moon outside thinking about that girl Sitara.

The next day, Karthik was sitting under the big banyan tree with Maanav and his girlfriend. He was waiting for Sitara. He looks at the time, it's almost 9:30.

Sitara... The first-year student is mute but beautiful with a chocolate skin color with long hair comicomesm a small local village with a big dream. To be honest her smile was the most beautiful, the most beautiful thing that Karthik had ever had in her was that smile with made him fall in love with her so hard.

"There she is!!" He said in an excited tone and looked at her, today she was wearing a black churidar with floral designs. That dress suits her chocolate color very beautifully.

"Sitara... Oh God!" he was stunned by the beauty of her. The way his heart pumps is not normal. His eyes dilated largely when he saw her, they filled with love, pure love for her.

She is beautiful, not like models or actors. She is beautiful just the way she is. The smile... The innocent smile he had ever seen in a girl. She looks like art in the poem, how can she look so perfect, be so perfect? The only disability everyone sees in her is muteness, not able to speak but Karthik doesn't even care about it.

"Da Karthik, let's go to class!" Maanav tapped his shoulder as Karthik looked at him and nodded.

"Maanav... I want to confess my love to her!" Karthik said as Maanav's eyes widened.

"Stop joking!! It's not easy! I heard that she has 3 big brothers! What if she goes and tells this to the?! macha (brother in friendly manner) they will beat our ass out! Macha now keep that love in your heart only daa!" he tapped Karthik's chest and walks to classroom.

"No da... I dot care if they beat me or not! I will confess it!" He said in a stubborn tone.