CHAPTER 1

As I sit on the bed and look around, it's still dark outside… I am sweating and panting thinking that dream still makes me shiver and scares me. I look at the time, it's only 3:00 am.

I get up and walk near my study table and sigh. The trauma is still hitting me hard. The basement, the screaming, the beating.

I wipe my tears and open my book. Being a teacher is fun, the place I can be happy openly is the school and my students.

I took my phone and took a look to see if someone texted me last night or not. My mom and stepmom texted me.

I opened the text, “Maya… We found a groom for you… they will come on Saturday and come home on Friday” I sigh and put the phone aside.

“She is very eager to send me off to someone’s house!” I groaned and put the book aside. 

I got up and laid on the bed and thought about myself and my life.

The next day, I woke up gasping at the loud sound of my alarm. I gasp for air and sigh. I look at the time, it is 7:00 am.

It is already 7:00 am? I have been working all night! I sigh and get up. I take my phone and look at the message, 20 missed calls from Mom.

I groan get up from the seat and stretch myself. I took the phone and called my mom.

As soon as she answered the call, I heard the yelling. "Karthi!! Do you know the time?! Always working, working, working!! Why did you come home yesterday night!!? Do you know how much I worried about you?!" She yells as I sigh.

My lips formed a small smile. "Mom, sorry! I put my phone on silent to concentrate more!" I said in a calm tone.

"Come home fast... You are taking a rest today! No working today" She said and cut the call.

I smiled and walked out of the office, I saw my cousin who is working in my company as a manager.

"Aunty called me and told me that you are working all night again!" He said as I yawned. "You should start enjoying your life like earlier, Karthi!"

When he said that, my heart hurts. My memories start overwhelming me. I look away.

"I don't think I can!" I said while walking out of the office. I walk near my car and start driving home.

The date... Flowers... Her laugh ... Everything is recalling in my mind. I wipe my tears and focus on driving. She was the woman I loved.

Only she has my heart and love.

✨✨✨

As Karthik driving suddenly someone jumped on the road in front of his car. "Oh, shit!!" He stopped the car and walked out of the car.

He walked near the person, it was a woman. She gets up slowly with the help of Karthik.

"Can't you see the cars are coming?! What if it was a lorry or bus?!" He said as she was picking up her bag and books from the road with the shattered.

He rolled his eyes and helped her to pick everything up and give it to her.

"You better be careful next time," He said as he got inside the car.

HI, THIS IS MY FIRST NON-FANFICTION STORY... PLEASE READ AND SUPPORT ME WHILE WRITING COMMENTS AND VOTING.

MY INSTAGRAM IS: TAELIX_FICX