CHAPTER 8

𝐊𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐊 cleared his throat and looked at Maya with a cold stare. Maya gulped and looked down. "It's none of your business," He said with a cold tone as he started driving.

𝐌𝐀𝐘𝐀 looks at him with a disbelief look, "How can it be not my business? Karthik even if you don't love me, You are my husband and I love you!" She said with a cracked tone.

"What made you think that I am cheating?" He asked as Maya kept silent. If she tells him about the wallpaper he will that she check his phone. "Your Behavior towards me," She said after a long pause.

"I already told, you I hate you! I wanted to divorce you but for my amma, I can't" The words coming from his mouth kept hurting her.

Maya wipes her tears and looks outside the car, the rain is still heavy. She needs to escape from his car, from everything. Why is her life only like this....? She is an angel who never hurts someone, but only she is hurting.

"Stop the car, I can go by bus," Maya said as Karthik ignored her. "I said stop it, Karthik... I am talking to you" She raised her voice a little and Karthik looked at her.

"It is heavily raining... Mom will scold me if I make you come by bus" He said as he drove his car straight to their mansion.

At his mansion, Maya was confused, She walked to her room while crying. Seetha looks at Maya crying and walks behind her to the room... "Dear?" called out as Maya looked at her.

"Amma... He doesn't love me... He doesn't even care about me! I want to leave him, but I can't, my love for him is not allowing me to do that! But this is too much for me amma" She cries while hugging her.

It hurt her feelings when she saw her daughter-in-law crying that too because of her son.

"I promise... He will change! Just give him time... I know it's been a long time since you both married but be patient! I can promise that he will change! Please change him... Only you can do it!" Seetha said in a calm tone while hugging her.

Maya wiped her tears and nodded. Seetha looks at her and kisses her forehead.

An hour later, Karthik walked inside the mansion he saw his parents and brothers and their wives sitting on the couch. Karthik looks at them confusingly.

"Yes?" He asked as Seetha just glared at him.

"As you being our youngest child, we didn't scold you or hit you! But soon you will get it from me, Karthik!" Seetha said in a strict tone leaving Karthik confused.

"What-"

"Karthik! Why are you hurting your wife's feelings again and again?! You are being a toxic husband" Savithri, his favorite sister-in-law said to him.

"Chettathi (big sister-in-law) What did I do?" He asked as Kairav got up from his seat and grabbed his collar.

"In our family, we never hurt a woman's feelings or physically! But you are doing it He said as Karthik took a deep breath and sighed.

"I never hurt her... I just don't like her and I don't know how to hide it! I just expressed my hate towards her!" He said in a cool tone.

It makes his dad angry, he gets up and looks at him with angry eyes. "Karthik, you both are going for a honeymoon and no buts or rejection. Because I already booked the tickets for both of you, and you are going to treat her your wife, not a maid or stranger!" Nataraja said as Karthik rolled his eyes.

"I am not a doll for you guys to play Appa!" Karthik said, "I already told you before marrying her that I don't want to get marry, and I was never planning to love someone else, but you guys want me to get marry!" Karthik shouted at his family members and walks to his room.

As he walks inside the room, he saw Maya sitting on the bed, crying a mess and looks at him with her red and puffy eyes. Karthik rolled his eyes, "Maya because of you, for the first time my family yelled at me! You don't know my life and me. So As I told you... Leave me in peace! I hate you more and more when the days passing by" He said while removing his coat.

Maya didn't say anything but just looking at him blankly. She wanted to yell at him, and she felt like something is holding her throat and no words coming out from her mouth.