CHAPTER 15

Karthik waited for her for a few days but she didn't show up near Karthik and avoided him completely. Karthik looks at Maanav and sighs.

"Be ready for a rejection, Karthik!" Maanav said.

"I know she loves me!" he said in a confident tone.

Suddenly he saw Sitara walking inside the class as Karthik ran near her. "Sitara!" he called her and stood near her silently.

"Karthik..." She signed and tapped his shoulder. He looks at her with full hope in his eyes.

"I am rejecting you, Karthik... How can you date someone like me... You don't deserve a mute girl like me! You deserve someone else that better than me, Karthik" She signed while looking down.

"What? No no! I deserve you, Sitara. Only you! Please tell me if you love me... Please be honest! Are you saying that I am a jerk like others only to use you? No... I love you, I deserve you! Please"

For the first time in his entire life... He said please and kneel in front of a person... That too his crush, his first love!!

Maanav just looks at him shocked. Sitara was looking around and trying to stand him up. "Stand up, Karthik!" Maanav said while walking near them.

"No no.... Please say yes!!" he begged.

Everyone was looking at them.

Sitara was scared but she was too insecure to say yes. A handsome man like Karthik dating a mute girl like Sitara...

"Please please!!" he begged more.

Sitara looked at him, "I will text you! Please go now" she signed.

He looks at her, his eyes are only filled with love and hope for her. Maanav takes his hand and drags him to a nearby banyan tree.

"What do you think you are doing Karthik?" He asked.

"Begging for my love!"

Maanav rolled his eyes... He is getting a bad feeling about this relationship term, he is worried about his best friend.

•••

"Begged for love?" Maya asked herself. She closes the book.

She wants to know where is this Sitara... The girl who ruined her married life.

"Sitara... Sitara" she sighs.

She turns the book again and starts reading it.

As she was reading, she heard some noise from downstairs. With a similar voice, she walked downstairs and saw her uncle.

Her heart beats and stops for a second. She gulped, and his smile still creeps her. "Ahh dear, you came?" He asked.

"Oh, she came last week!" Thara replied and took the cover from him. "What did you buy?" she asked him.

"Oh some bananas and oranges," He said while sitting on the sofa.

He turns his head to Maya and smiles. She was shivering, her heart was beating faster. The memories passed her mind so quickly, that her eyes got teary. His smile keeps scaring her.

She walks to the kitchen quickly. "Amma... Why did he come here?" she asked her as she nodded no.

"He came here every weekend, just to help your father on the farm!" She replied while taking out the bananas and oranges.

"Want one?" she asked while taking out one orange for Maya as she nodded no.

"No... I don't want anything that he bought" she replied.

"You are still mad at him for that, Maya? He told us that he did that to you by mistake" Thara scolded her.

Maya looks away, "Mistake or purpose! I hate him... I hate him so much! He almost touched my body after all that abuse in that locked basement" She wipes her tears.

"Only my life is like this!" she choked on tears and looked away.

"I am disgusted by myself..." She starts crying making Thara hurt a little. She hugs her tightly.

"Shh... It's okay okay..." She kisses her forehead, you have me"

(Short chapter... Sorry....😭😩)