CHAPTER 16

Months passed... Sitara and Karthik started dating which became very popular and got news in that college.

One day... Sitara walks near Karthik with a concerned face which makes him worried about her.

"What happened? He asked.

"My appa is not feeling well! He wants to see me... So I have to go to the village!" She signed, she was on the edge of crying.

She loved her appa so much. The thought he is sick makes her sad very bad.

"I will also come if you want"

"No no... You can come only after you become my husband!" she signed.

"Then... Let's get married now!" He joked.

"Stop joking! I will leave tonight and I will message you the details!" she signed and sighed.

"Nothing will happen, love" He kissed her forehead.

A few days later, Karthik tried to message Sitara but no reply, the message was not even seen.

Karthik was sitting on the couch while looking at his phone worriedly. Suddenly his mom sits beside him and smiles.

"What happened to my little one?" she teased.

"Amma... Nothing" he sighs.

"Nope, something is up," She said.

"It's just... Sitara" He smiles.

"Oh lover boy is worried about his gf? Do you love her, Karthi? Like so much?" She asked.

"Yes... If you guys will agree... I will marry her tomorrow itself" He chuckles.

"Haha... How? You don't even have money your recharge your phone! Then how?" She looks at him.

"Amma! Don't insult me!" he groans.

"Sorry... Sorry... " she hugs him.

Suddenly his phone rang with a notification. He quickly checked his phone and looked at the message. It was from Sitara.

He looks at the message and his eyes widen. His heart beats fast in worry.

"Karthik... They found out about us... They will kill me!! They locked me in a room! I am scared... Please be safe!!" His eyes get teary.

"S-Sitara?!" He gasp for air.

Seetha looks at her son and gets up," What happened?" She asked as he looked at her.

"I am going back to Madras!" He said as he ran to his bedroom.

|SITARA|

Sitara was sitting inside that room alone, she was crying. They beat her, her hand was bleeding. She was crying a mess. As she heard the sound, she quickly hid her phone.

"Eat your food!" Her amma Lakshmi comes to the room with a plate of food.

She nodded no." I don't want" she signed and looked away.

"Please-"

"They beat me and insulted me and you didn't even raise a voice to talk, Amma" she signed while wiping her tears.

"I don't want any of your food," She said as she hugged herself.

"Lakshmi... Tell her that tomorrow, the groom and his family will come to see her" Her appa walks to the room.

The words from her appa shocked her, so she got up and walked near him."Appa, I don't marry anyone unless it's Karthik" she signed.

All she got from her Appa is a slap. The slap was loud and hurtful." No. Don't hurt her again! Please" Lakshmi said as Sitara walked forward to her father.

"I won't marry anyone... And you can hurt me as much as you want" She said as he pushed her.

•••

The next day, Karthik and Maanav were standing in front of Sitara's house. He walks forward and opens the door.

He saw Sitara giving tea to some people, her eyes were red and puffy because of crying all day and night. Everyone's attention went to Karthik and Maanav.

Sitara looks at everyone, her lips forming a small smile." Oh... Marriage?" Karthik asked in a sarcastic tone.

"How can you arrange her marriage without the groom, huh?" He asks while coming forward to Sitara and holding her hands.

"Da... Leave her hands!!!” Her big brother ran forward separated them and slapped Karthik.

"STOP IT!! WHAT'S NONSENSE IS THIS!! WHO IS HE?!" The groom's father screamed.

"Is this your boyfriend?" he asked and looked at Sitara as she nodded.

But suddenly her father grabs her hands and walks to the room...